Cerco Training comes up trumps!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Trogdor, Oct 11, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Just a friendly reminder that we can disagree without getting personal. Take it easy, folks.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. GmanUK

GmanUK Byte Poster

:twisted:

Certifications: CompTIA N+, Server+, CCSN, ITILv3 (f)
    WIP: MCITP Security
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

My apologies Gman, it wasn't a personal attack on you. I just can't understand how you can be "gutted with the whole thing" and then later in your post say that you knew and understood that the whole job thing was not guarateed, but that's neither here nor there.

My point is that day in day out I see people complain about these things, this training provider ripped me off, that one didn't get me the job they promised me sort of thing. People see an ad in the paper and think 'hmm IT, I could do that' , call the company and a rep comes to see them, and then leaves half an hour later with a signature for anything up to 6K worth, then later the person complains like crazy. To quote a saying you'll find a lot here, caveat emptor-buyer beware.

If you don't do the research beforehand then to me that's just plain lazy. If you sign up for doing an MCSA/MCSE without knowing what it really is then to me you're just stupid for doing so. If you believe that at the end of a course you can just sit back and someone else will find you a job then you'll be waiting a very long time indeed.

If you go to buy a car do you or would you at least do some basic research first? What kind of car you like first, then the size and some of the features you want in the car to begin with. To put it bluntly, you have some knowledge of the subject before you go looking in the car lots. Then you do more research as to various features and specifications. Any revhead does this to the extreme and anyone else does the same but to a lesser degree. The point?? Why should it be any different with IT training?

As an example, I spent a year and a half researching training providers before going with the one I'm with. Am I satisfied with them? Completely, because I'm sure that I made the right choice due to my research, www.digicomp.ch. (probably not too interesting for anyone as it's in german and I'm in Switzerland) I'm happy that I know my 10K is well spent, and that just for MCSA.

As I said above, don't take it personally it wasn't aimed at you. It's just a general thing that ticks me off.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. robbo

robbo New Member

hi
    i also did sept course and sent an email to most of the people who did the course with me last week (dec) i have had approx 8 replies back and all are slagging cerco off we have not been found jobs yet also spoke to cerco this week and told now dead till new year on hope of finding me a job shame they they dont do as much to find people jobs as they do to find people to under take there courses
    i would like to know where the 98+% pass rate of finding people work spans out
    and before you all start having ago at me i have applied for at least 6 jobs a day for the last 10 weeks including 12 today

5. Jack

Jack New Member

Cerco's claim of 98% employment seems very high. Perhaps those of you who did the course and didnt find employment should get together and ask Cerco to back up this claim. You may have a case for misselling.

6. Jack

Jack New Member

Apparently some of the big employers that cerco have are Fujitsu, Mastercare & BancTec. I know a BancTec employee from Cerco and he's desperate for another job. His pay works out at £175 a week after tax and all other expenses. They don't give him a car, they dont pay him mileage (yes thats right no mileage) and no mobile phone. He gets a whopping £8 a job for travelling up to 30 miles. I think a taxi driver gets paid a min £25 for that sort of distance and he doesnt have to fix a PC at the end of the journey. I think i will do a proper certification like A+ or MCSE.

He also mentioned that some of the other graduates on his course were getting together to take cerco to court.