CCNP Training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by joe90, Dec 11, 2009.

1. joe90

joe90 New Member

I can't afford the price of places like global knowledge for CCNP training - anyone know of good affordable CCNP training centres ? I fancy going down the cisco authorised training route but it seems so expensive !!!

2. funnybones

funnybones Bit Poster

Hi Joe90

I think the learningnet on their website do the CCNP courses. I have spoken to Paul the instructor. I am planning to go up there to have a look at their training rooms soon.

I hope it is better than the other place in london

Certifications: N+ MCSE CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I'm sure Joe (cisco labrat) can attest to the CCNP training they provide at CommSupport.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. funnybones

funnybones Bit Poster

hi darkstar

you seem pretty keen on commsupport, you're not on commision are you:biggrin

Have you heard of Itnetacademy?

5. ITworkxperience

ITworkxperience Bit Poster

Hi Joe 90,
    I've done a bit of groundwork recently regarding TP's of Cisco Training and based on the fact that you are not blessed with a deep pocket to attend a Cisco Learning Partner course (like myself) I would recommend Commsupport without a second thought. (No commission payments~) ITNet Academy do not do CCNP training (I am sure you've found that out) The Learning Net are a start up that don’t have thee same credibility as Commsupport based on the feedback from numerous students and companies. (Check their website) www.commsupport.co.uk
    The other alternative is to self study!! Good Luck!!!:D

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNA/CCNP
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

In accordance with forum rules I am allowed to comment on a supplier I can give a personal recommendation for. I have attended a CommSupport course earlier this year and was struck on the simple business model they use which provides (imho) excellent value for money and quality training.

The emphasis was not on bootcamping for an exam pass but on making sure those attending actually understood how to use the kit - something a good many TP's seem to forget !

It is all too easy these days to complain (see our threads here on the more unscrupulous TP's) so it is good to be able to give an emphatic personal recommendation when asked. As a BCS member I abide by a code of ethics and would not give this recommendation unless I felt it was justified.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I would add that Joe has been very helpful to me too via PM. And I'm booked in for his next webinar too... which is FREE. w00t!

8. funnybones

funnybones Bit Poster

I understand, I was not questioning your integrity, I am impressed with the response there has been to commsupport.

I have read a lot of posts on this forum and the slant was towards self study, to see such a positive reaction to one provider is something else. The crazy thing is that i was meant to pay them a visit on monday, I thing was that I had just come out of seeing another provider and was really put off with what I saw that I could not face having to pretend again I was interested.

I am now quite gutted I didn't not go over, seems like I missed out. But I have registered myself for the webinar, (I echo GiddyG's comment, it's free , crazy) I am also trying to see if I can get to go on the free one day course this sunday if the missus will let me.

Thanks

Henry

9. ITworkxperience

ITworkxperience Bit Poster

Hi, Out of curiosity what was the name of the TP you visited? :behead:

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNA/CCNP
  10. funnybones

funnybones Bit Poster

The company is called ITNETACADEMY, now you've got me started. I was quite hacked off with having wasting my time going there. I was given the impression via their website that they were something special.

What I found when I got there I found 7 very desperate looking people sat in a hot little dark room with stunned expressions on their faces, you know the stunned expressions we make when we realise that there is no pot at the end of the rainbow or have not to have won the lottery. The whole setup looked cheap and ramshackle.

I got there last monday morning when they had just started doing some practical work, ok, let me clarify when I say practical work I mean just typing commands from a book that was nothing but commands, I had a flick through the thing. I was unsettled that none of the students looked like they had any direction, I think the reason the room was dark so no one could find the exit to escape:D

The instructor sounded like a proper sales man, like he was trying to sell me a second hand car, trusting the course manual under my nose as if it was a book that contained the secrets to immortality (The course manual that you get for free is a CCNA Mcgraw hill book that can be gotten off Amazon for £5, woopee-doo. I checked the price afterwards) the instructor stated that I should really come back at the end of the course later that week to see the progress that he expects his students to have made. I did not take him up on that offer. The short time I spend in his "sophisticated facility" (Quoted from the website) I'd already seen enough.

Ok, so maybe I judge too much on first impressions and maybe the students did learn something although I doubt it after speaking to one he said that he knew nothing about networking and was a total beginner to the CCNA, he was on the course because he was made to believe that he will be taught everything in 6 days and that he did not need any background in networking, is this possible????

I am just hacked off as I had taken the morning off to make a point of visiting them only to be greeted by the black hole of calcutta, I think they portray one thing, spin you a line to draw you in.

For what is is worth my advice to anyone considering taking a course is to go an visit the company and see their setup first. I for one would not be giving this company my money. They looked dodge as anything!!

Henry

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  11. Gez0660

Gez0660 Bit Poster

i've heard that commsupport is a good training provider (and that's from a competitor)
    and also billy Russel from 1 training based up in glasgow.