1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCNP ROUTE exam scheduled for Dec 2

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Prog Snob, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Prog Snob

Prog Snob New Member

Well, the title says it all. I actually feel extremely confident about passing. I ordered two more 1841 routers on which to practice. There are three topics on the CCNP with which I keep having trouble. Those are the different LSAs , OSPF stub areas, and different types of OSPF networks (p2p, broadcast, etc). So I suppose OSPF is my weak spot. Any pointers, friends?

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP ROUTE exam (Dec 2nd)
  2. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Pointers.... study OSPF more :P.

Seriously though play with OSPF labs, make your own using GNS3 or real kit, try out different configurations it's the best way to understanding it imo.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  3. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

I struggled with the OSPF LSA types and areas for a while, sometimes watching a CBT video helps.
    There's a lot on youtube about OSPF and the LSA/Area types

Good luck by the way, make sure you know your EIGRP, OSPF and redistribution!

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  4. Prog Snob

Prog Snob New Member

I am setting up the lab tonight, so I'll have four routers going along with two switches. I figured with four routers I can do some hub and spoke labs with a FRS. Router redistribution is something else I need to review. EIGRP is a topic I'm just reading through quickly since I am completely confident with that area.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP ROUTE exam (Dec 2nd)