1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ccnp resources

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by jamesfh, Jul 2, 2005.

1. jamesfh

jamesfh New Member

Hi All ,

I did CCNA with simulators etc. and am just about to embark on ccnp track. I am setting up a lab in work here and have about 5 routers and 2 switches to play with. There is a lot of research to be done on this before starting as I am just finding out now !!The real world is a different place than simulators !!

Anyway can anyone provide me with some good links to sample ccna/ccnp lab scenarios with how to setup etc. I have found some stuff but know there must be a wealth of information out there from people who have had to do the same thing.
    Cisco must have a huge amount of info on this ?
    Also a lot of sample labs will show you their lab scenario's etc. but I find they dont tell you important stuff like what cables to use etc. I have sent off for some back to back DB60 cables but have a 3600 with a WIC 2T card so I have to go and buy some cables for this as well and most impotantly the proper ones !

I am looking to include a frame relay switch in the lab and maybe isdn simulator further down the road.

Thanks for your help

Certifications: MCSA,CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan Nibble Poster

For frame relay you could either get a 2522 or buy a 2600 router and buy either a four port or eight mdoule for frame relay.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP BSCI
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Aye a 2600 with a NM-4A/S makes a good FR switch for a lab (both NA/DA and NP/DP)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0