1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCNA-S CBT Nuggets vs. Trainsignal

Discussion in 'Network Security' started by Henriksen, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Henriksen

Henriksen New Member

Hi folks,

Topic says all - just started my CCNA-S studies and wonders if anyone want to recommend CBT or Trainsignal over the other..

So far I've watched the first few videoes of both, and while i like Jeremy Ciora's enthuisiasm to a certain degree, I think he's just way over-doing it for the CCNA-S (watched the CCNA and CCNP ROUTE CBT Nuggets)..
    I kind of like how Chris Bryant seems to move forward a bit faster, allowing you to think a bit for yourself..

So setting personal preference aside, does anyone specifically recommend sticking to one of them? Or should I just watch both? Got plenty of time..

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNA:S
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

You bought both sets but can't decide which one to watch? Wish I had that kind of money.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If you have bought two then you might as well use both. Personally I would have downloaded the demos to see which I like best then buy the one I liked.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Watch the nuggets first to get a good grasp on things, then when you are in possession of a humungous cup of coffee or similar stimulant watch Chris Bryant for a more detailed analysis.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

or, better still: head over to commsupport

Can't praise them enough!

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. Henriksen

Henriksen New Member

Not exactly, my company had both of them laying around :)

I just lol'd. Thanks :)

I'm not UK based, Denmark ;)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
    Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNA:S
  7. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

To be fair i started the CBT on the CCNA Sec but the actual subject made me feel sleepy! lol.

Must go back to it when i get the chance but like R&S more than security!! :D

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)
  8. hoanginlove

hoanginlove New Member

CBTnuggets or Traingsignal is good but i prefer TS , I think you should read book and pratice labs. I alway feel sleep when watch videos

9. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Personally I prefer the in depth aspect of train signal, although cbt nugget guys make the topic sound interesting.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  10. Telephasic

Telephasic New Member

I went with Chris as his marketing convinced me. Got it back from employer on expenses which was nice. Can't speak to the CBT version but one thing I will say is - like it or not, Chris will go into stuff that is outside the exam syllabus. Also he says 'that's for the exam and the real world too' a LOT.

Some of his videos are LONG. One in particular was over three hours. To me that's just bloody mental. Break it up into 40-60 minute chunks please.

I guess it was good preparation as I passed comfortably despite not feeling ready for the test.