1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCNA Network Engineer Role Technical Test Questions.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by NewCCNA, May 17, 2011.

1. NewCCNA

NewCCNA New Member

Hello All,

I passed my CCNA Cert about two Months ago and have finally secured an interview for a network engineer role. Having passed a phone interview i have been invited to a face to face interview that will to quote include;

"As part of the interview you will be required to carry out a practical test involving network troubleshooting using a combination of switches, routers and firewalls. Prior to your interview you will be asked to complete a timed ability test."

I was just wondering if any of you have had similar in an interview and if you would share the questions you were asked or any advice on what i am likely to be asked?

Many thanks in advance.

2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Use the real-world experience you gained prior to taking the CCNA - it's what employers will be looking for.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. melhiore

melhiore Bit Poster

I work for ISP. One of my network guys is involved in recruitment. You can expect anything. There is no real answer to that question. We do "real" troubleshooting exams/interviews and sometimes we asking candidates to deal with real problems on live network. Spectrum of possible issues is really vast - on my interview I had to troubleshoot L2 problem with multiple Vlans. Some were working some not - turned out to be problem with trunk to router on the stick and subinterfaces...

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CCENT
    WIP: CCNA, CCNA Security, CompTIA N+,S+, CWTS/CWNA
  4. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

It's a bit too wide of a subject matter mate. Just don't overlook the obvious when it comes to it. Start at the physical layer and work your way up.

Good luck.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.