CCNA Course Question (Advice Needed)

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by datacenter01010, Jan 6, 2015.

1. datacenter01010

datacenter01010 New Member

Hey everyone. I was planning to sign up for an online CCNA course and was wondering if I could get some advice or opinions. I'm thinking of signing up for a course offered by George Mason University that lasts 24 weeks and is $195 (which i think is pretty low). It also offers a 60% discount if you get 75% or more in the course.

Anyway, it seems like a pretty good deal for a course like this and I could definitely use the help in learning the material. What do you all think about the offer. Has anybody had any online course experience? I could definitely use some advice and all of your comments are welcome.

2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

That seems too cheap to me, Are you sure that's a proper and full CCNA course? Essentially less than $100? From a university? Seems a bit off.

I had a quick look on the GMU website and the courses I can see appear to be $1000+, some even over $2000.

Make sure it's a proper course and the latest version, not paying for pre-recorded old version.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Actually I know a number of academys that offer hugely discounted courses. For example the VMware ICM course can be done for 100's of $ rather than 1000's of $ if you look around

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Yeah I was looking further on the GMU website, did eventually find it but it's a CCNA Reseach course, to be done as part of a research grant or something to that effect.

I have seen plenty of discount courses about etc, just never seen a live instructor led course as cheap as that from a university, usually more private sector trainers that I have seen.

Also looking at the description of the course it looks like it is training only for the Routing and switching exam, so just the CCNA, not the CCENT.

http://ait.gmu.edu/virtualacademy/courses/cisco/ccna/

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!