1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBT & TrainSignal

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by mrtyson, Jun 24, 2010.

1. mrtyson

mrtyson New Member

I've been watching CBT & trainsignal videos for A+, just wondering if i just
    watch the videos you could pass the exams.

2. Dave_unemployed

Dave_unemployed Nibble Poster

I wouldn't recommend it.

The reason i say that because I bought the MCDST video from CBT and went through the videos for 271 but i also read from several books too. When i took the exam, a lot of the questions wasn't even covered in the videos. Lucky for me, i had the video, two books and a virtual XP to play around with. But, it might be different for A+ video...

So personally, i say use the video in conjunction with other study materials.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCP and MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Never use one study material, always use atleast two.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

And, get some 'hands on' experience.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. shhahid

shhahid New Member

Hello there,

i advise try to use atleast two sources for your studies :D

Shahid
    A+, N+, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, MCTS, MCITP

6. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

I'd advice at least two sources to study too. In addition, I think having at least two sources of practice exams is very helpful too.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  7. RandyFears

RandyFears Bit Poster

Agreed.

I like to use vids as an additional source of studying. We are all different on how we like to study. I like to watch the vids first to get the "overview". Then i read the books and do the labs and any tests that are not dumps and then watch the vids again as a refresher. This works for me and helps it all sink in a bit better (sometimes) ;)

Certifications: never enough
    WIP: so many and so little time
  8. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

When I had access to CBT Nuggets at my last work place I used to watch the Video's and then read a book to fill in the gaps. I would always as others have pointed out use at least 2 sources of training material as well as hands on.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  9. bazzawood30

bazzawood30 Byte Poster

The A+ book has well over 1000 pages you will not get all that info from videos. I found doing the reading first then backing it up with the videos worked well for me.

Certifications: ECDL,A+,N+,CCENT,CCNA,MCP,MCDST