1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Category View VS Classic View

Discussion in 'A+' started by LinuxMint, May 31, 2014.

1. LinuxMint

LinuxMint Bit Poster

Greetings,

I've noticed in the Exam Cram book (excellent book) that Mr. Prowse only gives "Classic View" instructions in his book. I just took a look at the Objectives for the exam and they say the following:

1.5 Given a scenario, use Control Panel utilities (the items are organized by "classic view/large icons" in Windows).

I have been forcing myself to practice accessing various utilities by going through both the "Classic" and the "Category" views and I find it quite time consuming. Simplicitiy is what I need right now...

Can anyone confirm that I will indeed NOT see "Category View" questions on the exam? (so long as CompTIA doesn't change the objectives).

Thanks!

2. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

I would recommend focusing on just some of the main categories and the corresponding applets. Sorry if this was not much help.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCENT, F5 101 Application Delivery Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation (2011), CompTIA (A+, Network+), MTA (Windows OS, Networking, HTML5)
    WIP: CCNA Security