1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Career/study advice needed

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by JamRok, Aug 23, 2010.

1. JamRok

JamRok New Member

Hi so finally i've discovered a place to get great info about certs etc. I've previously been stung by a Training Provider that went bust so now i'm self study all the way. I've got 7 years experience working for a haulage company proving support and anything ICT. I've got my A+ N+ and was half way threw my Security + when my TP went down the tube. I'm really stuck as to what to do next my over all goal is to get a new job with a bigger user base as my current situation has only been 75 users. I've got experience in Active Directory Exchange backup XP vista and various other things. But i seem to be rotting away in my current position.

The question now is what course to do to give me a platform to move on. Do i go for MCSE or MCITP or should i look somewhere completely different? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you've got a year's worth of server admin experience - and it sounds like you do - then the MCSE is certainly worthwhile.

Why not finish up your Security+ first, though?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!