1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Career Advice please...

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Crazydave1990, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Crazydave1990

Crazydave1990 Bit Poster

Hi there guys, let me firstly start by introducing myself...

I'm Dave, 23 years old - I've got a BTEC National Diploma Level 3 in Computer Science, and a Foundation Degree in a Computer Science (Foundation Degree is pretty much another for of HnD). If I was to do a top-up year, the Foundation Degree would be topped up to a BSc (if done in a computer science related field).

At the moment, I am currently thinking of taking my Foundation degree, and topping it up to a BSc in something like, Computer Networking (currently doing alot of CCENT/CCNA revision) and tbh, I've grown fond of computer networking. I've done two years as an SQL/VB.Net coder, and tbh, I hated it. Programming for a living isn't for me, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't shy away from programming, but I just don't want to to be my daily job. At the moment, I've not had that problem with Networking, I thoroughly enjoy it!)

My query is really... what would help me get into networking? should I go back to uni and top-up my degree? or should I now focus on attaining my CCNA?

Another question is, how do I familiarize myself with Virtualization? A lot of people are moving over to Virtualization, and I know that this field is just going to grow... any kind advice from someone who has been here, and got the t-shirt would be much appreciated!

thanks guys!