cant connect

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by Mof, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

i have a usb wireless connector on my computer have talktalk broadband the usb can see the router but when i try to connect it come up with message signal could be out of range refresh listing, in the listings i can see my connection it has excellant reception, i tryied to connect to one of the other signals and it does ask for the security key but my stronger signal out of range any idears

Cheers Martin

WIP: C++ and A+
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

are you running xp sp2? and is the router configured with a wpa2 key?

If so, theres a patch from MS you need to install on XP to allow it to use wpa2. Found that out the hard way with the wireless on my lappy at home. If it is, let me know and i'll try to dig out the patch link.

Edit: This should be it.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

at work at the moment will check when i get in about 6pm hope your about later.
    i am running xp but need to check the other stats

4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Note that KB 893357 seems to have been replaced by KB 917021.

This is a patch that I wasn't previously aware of - so thanks for the link anyway!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Ah yes, that looks like the page i used when i was downloading the patch (linky).

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

Would you believe it got home turned the pc on and it asked for the password and now its working.

7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Well at least it's working now!:biggrin

I'd be interested to know what speed and package you on?? Is it similiar to vodaphone usb broadband?:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+