BT Broadband change of terms

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by BrizoH, Oct 29, 2008.

1. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

I'm a BT Total Broadband customer and just received an email stating that they were changing their terms, to include the following:

Am I alone in thinking this is unacceptable? That they can introduce a charge that was not part of the original contract, and that will apply outwith the contract term?

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

yep it's ****, but I think they can change their terms any time they want....unfortunately.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

Chances are it's not going to affect me as I if I cancelled with them I would move elsewhere, I just find it strange that they can introduce an additional charge - I'd have thought they would have to at least give you the option of cancelling if you're minimum term is up and you don't agree to the new terms.

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP
  4. somabc

somabc Bit Poster

They will allow you to cancel if you are unhappy with the charge.

Certifications: BSc MBCS
    WIP: MSc, PRINCE2, ITIL
  5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

If the terms of a contract change you are allowed to cancel at that point.

Might be a good time to move to a decent service provider such as Zen internet ;)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal