Blimey - it's really happening...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by chatterpillar, Feb 21, 2009.

1. chatterpillar

chatterpillar New Member

Perhaps I could/should wait for a bit before saying hello, seeing as I'm not on a course yet, but instead trying to hawk everything save sink and soul in order to raise the funds. CIW course that is, distance learning, a couple of hundred bob left to go.

Perhaps I should wait, but...

For one I'm a cockney girl (h'm - mockney girl? since I wasnt born to the sound of the Bow Bells ringing?) who could talk for England. For another this course means a lot to me - I've spent as much time shopping about for it as a teenager might on shoes for her very first date, and like a teenager can't help a bit of jabbering on about it, especially since this forum does appear to have a good bunch of people, ready ears and shoulders to take advantage of ;-p

So...currently. I'm nearly hitting 30 and still waiting tables in grungy cafes, among other things. Which I like, I'll admit. But suddenly having to use more expensive face creams has brought with it this this violent, go-to-the-loo urgent need to prove I'm not stupid, that I can get that web qualification I've been "meaning to" get for years...(well, actually digital arts too but one baby step at a time)...I suppose you could call it a belated swipe at respectability. Or stability. Or something like that.

In my favour: I used to be clever at school: not the sort of clever that makes your eyes pop, but with a good, quick memory, and an ability to know how I learned best. Especially good when I talked things through! A verbose one, me, as I've said!

Not in my favour: this semi-precocious child became a dull teenager and then - now! - a scatterbrained adult, unused to learning anything, as it were, rigorously.

Possibly in my favour: enthusiasm in bucketloads! Enough to overcome the above problem?

I said this means a lot to me: I'll admit, in some (peculiar, dusty corner of) my mind it's not a simple cert, it's a bloody lunar landing! But the quest for happiness is absurd that way, sometimes. I feel that, if I can pull this off, I can do anything. Moreover, if I can pull this off, anyone can!

I think I'll stop there now, before I wax scatterbrained...quite a respectable length, this post, by my standards anyway :oops:

So hello all! Smiles and bear hugs and waves all round! And hopes that, alongside the barrage of silly questions I will pepper this board with, I'll be able to contribute a useful thing or three as well :)

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't guess a simple "Welcome!" would suffice as a fitting response to such an introduction...

...but that's all I've got. :) Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome:)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

From one Cockney to another, Welcome :biggrin

Certifications: HND Computing
  5. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

Hello there,
    I suppose the only silly question is the one that is never asked.

If you put the time and energy, you'll do fine I'm sure. Seriousness and dedication will get you far.

Welcome to the board...

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I hope you stick around, and good luck on the CIW course when you start it. We need some more verboses lassies around here - there are a few chaps on here that can chat for Britain (or whichever hellfire country they come from) and the women are sadly outnumbered :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  7. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

Good luck with the studies.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  8. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to the boards:D

When i start jabbering on posts it turns into an essay. My poor bosses don't know what has hit em when i email them.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  9. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'm feeling somewhat targeted by your parenthetical statement... :hhhmmm

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!