1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beyond Network+

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Simonvm, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Hi all

I'm about to book my Network+ exam, think I'll be more than ready in two weeks.

Since I don't like to sit still I'm already looking out for the next certification.

I already have A+, MCDST, MCTS for Vista and MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support for Vista.
    The only one that I have to do (because the manager says so :)) is the 70-680 for Windows 7, but it shouldn't take me more than a month or so.

The thing is, I'm already on a second-line/on-site support role for almost 4 years and I'd really like to move more into the networking side.
    As I have already passed CCNA 1/4 and 2/4, before I got this job, I think the best thing would be to start studying for ICND1.
    Once I obtain that there's a good chance I can get transferred to the networking team. It's the same manager and he knows I'm capable and perform well.

What do you guys think? Anything else that I should study before going on the Cisco track? Security+ or Linux+ maybe?

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I think you ought to have a talk with your manager about your career aspirations. It'd be great if he is on-board with your plan... but it'd be a big let-down for you after putting in all that effort towards getting a promotion if no position is available for you.
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!