1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best places to buy old/discontinued software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Arroryn, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

Preferably on the web... I'm looking for a specific program (Paperport 10 Professional)

It seems this version of it has turned into rocking horse poo since the newer versions of Paperport have been released... but I don't want version 11, I want version 10!

Any places you guys buy older software releases would be greatly appreciated.

I have looked on the company's website, and they only push their newer software. eBay is also seemingly blank, though I would prefer not to buy off a marketplace as the license is 'one use only' and I wouldn't like to take the risk of being 'done over'.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scansoft-Pape...tcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope it helps

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I typically buy old and discontinued software on eBay and Amazon, so I'm not much help. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I concur with GBL and BM:rocks

However if I can't find it there I also try SaverSoftware, but they only sell version 11. Still it's worth a look for other things!:biggrin8)

Flippin Heck:ohmy

I can only find one seller on Amazon that sells pp version 10 and they want $109.90 for it seems a bit steep!

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hold on before you buy version 10, have seen the reviews for it?

Here's a link from Epinions.com that shows several reviews from people who have upgraded from version 8 or 9 to version 10. They slagg the product off a bit! Maybe you should go for version 8?:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+