1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

beginner guidement

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Nicat T Mirzeyev, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Nicat T Mirzeyev

Nicat T Mirzeyev Bit Poster

Hi gents,

i have decided to get a CCNA and somebody adviced me to begin from network+, can you advice me about it? i am new so i dont know how to begin. from where i have to begin .. which resources is so good for me in this stage....

i am looking for your reply
  2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I recommend that you give the objectives of each exam a read and then see which you feel is more in your comfort zone at this point... after you have done one then I am sure you can move on to the other with ease.

Probably the N+ would be the easier option out of the two to start with
    Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster Forum Leader

Haven't done the CCNA, but I know quite a few people that have. A very common route seems to be:-
    (Microsoft MTA Networking) -> Network+ -> CCNA -> CCNP

Although I have seen people in the last year or so with Juniper and other router certs. Cisco are definitely still the big boys tho...
    Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?