1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BCS CISMP certification or ISACA CISM Certification.

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Biggjoe81, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Biggjoe81

Biggjoe81 Bit Poster

Hi Guys,

Its been awhile, greetings to you all.

Does anyone knows the difference between the BCS's CISMP & ISACA CISM certification exams.

More so which of these two carries more weight? Can anyone with much knowledge on certification come to my aide please?

Thanks.

2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

To my knowledge the Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP) is a foundation level exam and the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) is a higher level one.

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster

CISM is a lot more advanced and well regarded.

Certifications: A few.
  4. Biggjoe81

Biggjoe81 Bit Poster

Thank you, Wagnerk and Rob1234 for yobb ur responses. It is clearer to me now. I got to register for the October CISM exams before it is too late.

5. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster

If you have not already make sure you check here first How to Become CISM Certified they have work experience requirements and a few other things worth knowing.

Certifications: A few.