Asking for two much??

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by 'GHOSTWHEEL', Feb 9, 2005.

1. 'GHOSTWHEEL'

'GHOSTWHEEL' New Member

Hi all,

Right ive just been looking for I.T. Jobs on the net, one's which i think should be applying for once ive passed A+ and Network + exams and stumbled across this one below. Now im not a lazy person but is this just asking two much of a person for the sallery it pays 10k pa. I want tow break into the I.T. world may be its would just be a foot in the door as most people are sayin.
    Im on 13k now just as a Goods in Out working very simple data base would be a bit soul destroying taking this one

LocationYARDLEY, BIRMINGHAM Hours42.5 HOURS PER WEEK MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9AM-5.30PM Wage£10,000 PER ANNUM DurationPERMANENT

DescriptionMust be able to drive and have own transport. Must have experience in trouble shooting and building PC systems and experience in diagnosing and trouble shooting hardware failures. Good working knowledge of Networking Windows Systems/Database principles using Microsoft Access is essential. Must also have good understanding of PC and server architectures. Duties will include efficiently communicating with customers by phone, email and personally, fixing and repairing hardware on site and providing hardware support to new and existing customers.

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Might be a pain for you now m8, but it could well be your "foot in the door".

I guess these are the considerations you need to think about in the short term.

IMHO :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. 'GHOSTWHEEL'

'GHOSTWHEEL' New Member

I suppose some sacrifices have two be made for any change off direction in live be it career wise or anything else. Basically im intrested in Networking and want too do the CISCO cert and design install etc etc Networks for Small Buisness (hopefully :p )

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I have to agree with Gav. If you have little experience and brand new certs, you are not going to command a large or even decent salary right away. Remember, for every job you apply to, you are competing with a lot of other people trying to break into IT plus all the more expereinced IT folks looking for a job.

I lost my first career over 5 years ago and pursued IT as my second career. I'm working full-time and still don't make quite the base pay I was making 5 years ago...and that's not even taking inflation into account.

I'll get there, but it'll take time. I take on side jobs (mainly writing with a smattering of other types of work) to supplement my income. To get into IT, you're gonna have to bite the bullet for awhile.

Certifications: A+ and Network+