Are A+ Exams Region Specific?

Discussion in 'A+' started by shep, Apr 13, 2005.

1. shep

shep Bit Poster

I have been studying for my A+ using Mikes Meyers and an ExamCram book. I think I can handle metric/imperial convertions easily enough if they crop up but I noticed that reference is made to health and safety/enviromental aspects such as the safe disposal of equipment. Obviously we are governed by British and European law here in the UK so do the tests reflect that? If so where should I go to find out the details that my American text books don't cover or vary from country to country?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, ITIL Foundation v3, HP Server Accredited
  2. prosmart

prosmart New Member

No. The exam is set for the United states and no account is taken of country specifics such as voltage. It is still recognised throughout the world as the benchmark for ability to 'do the job' so do not look for country specific answers such as health and safety issues until after you have passed the exam.

3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I agree with prosmart. CompTIA exams are "one size fits all".

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. shep

shep Bit Poster

Thats cool, I shall do what the book says! That means I don't have to dig further and no extra work makes me a happy chappy. Thanks for the advice.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, ITIL Foundation v3, HP Server Accredited