Anyone used Dynamics IT?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by asadev, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asadev

asadev New Member

Hi all,

New to the forums and just want to say that this is a great community with a lot of information.
    Just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with Dynamics IT Academy?
    I'm guessing they are just another training company like any other?

Regards

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome,

I do not have any experience with them, however will any training company, don't sign anything until you read the fine print and take into consideration:

1. The cost of the total program &
    2. The amount of time that this program will take.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Interesting. It looks like an I.T Support and design company which employee students after/during their studies for "world experience". Let the forum know your findings.

Cheers,

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

Hi guys.

I did sign on to Dynamics IT online program few months back, from my experience so far with them I would say "OK" but not great. You only need to pay registration fee which is around £250.00 and you get access to MS e-learning academy, they promise 1 year but I only got 6 months access which I did inquire why and unfortunately didnt get an answer(not really bothered cause I wont need 1 year to finish it but it is matter of principle). the access gives you study resources for 70-271 and 70-272(MCDST) with 1 mock test for each one. they tell you to book your test when you get 95% pass on mocks, they promise 50% discount vouchers for prometrics exams of £88 but NOT true, i ended up paying for both myself.
    They say when you get certified(didnt get to this stage yet) they will help you with interviews and update your CV and even recommend you to employers(most training providers say the same but not for same fees) i.e synergy networks would ask for £1000 BUT class based training(better in my opinion).
    There is one point which i have just realised, is Dynamics IT delegates other people to be their consultants or sub-training providers, so the quality of customer service or technical help may not be as good as it should if you endep dealing with sub-trainers.
    so to summarise this you only pay to access MS website to do your self-study which you can do staright with MS for nearly the same fees($350) rather than going through third party, unfortunately i didnt know at the time of enrolling so I hope this information will help but not to put you off the training, overall when you look at their fees its not much to gamble with, also you might get better experience than mine.

let us your own experience.good luck :)

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  5. Ballcock3

Ballcock3 New Member

If you mean these people Dynamics IT Academy, then they r James Thornton Group come back from the dead.

Do a search

Apparenty they went down bankcrupt and all the students lost all there money. Herd even the staff got shafted!!

Anyways - same people, same website, same offers, same promises, different name.......

You hav bin warned :eek:

6. alebleicker

alebleicker Bit Poster

well I went 2 weeks ago to the dynamics it "centre" in liverpool street, london. it isn't an academy, it is just a office where they try to sell the online study material from microsoft for £250, also they say they can assist with CV and find a job, plus pay only half or something like that for the exams. If it is true they can offer the tests vouchers for half price it is something good, but after reading this topic I doubt this. They seem to be very amateur in IT.

when I went to their offices, was like going to a bedroom of someone with a desk and some certifications hanging on the wall. the guy was trying to show me several times the mcse certification on the wall, almost being annoying doing this...

well, I sent an email to them some days later asking for some information, until now, nothing...

I'm thinking this is just another kind of scam

it is a shame because I'm trying to start working in IT business and people like that try to take advantage of this

if someone else has some more information please share with us

Certifications: A+,N+,70-270,70-290
    WIP: MCSA
  7. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

Yep spot on.

8. violetta

violetta New Member

I am new to that forum. So hi everyone.

The reason why I am here is the Dynamics IT. Last week I went for the interview and heard more or less the same what Elhaj did. The question is mainly to you - Elhaj. Any more experience with this company? Any job which they provide or nothing at all?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
  9. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

hi and welcome to CF,

It has been over 2 months now since my last contact, and I havent heard anything, no offers at all. not even an email letting you know if any progress.
    my advice stay away, keep the money and self-study.
    NB: the worst thing is they will give a CV with full of lies. pretending that you had a work contract with them when in fact you are in training. imaging explaining this to an employer if you got a job interview.

10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've taken a look at their website and it states on this page:

If you take out Package 1, looking at that it looks like some sort of in-house "apprenticeship" to go hand in hand with this:

So really, twisting the truth :rolleyes:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

The above package doesnt apply when you join the new scheme which is 100% online training using MS e-learning library. Dynamics IT do classes training priced about 2k in which you will receive in house training, one to one tutor, hands on labs, exams vouchers, job search. In the meantime and this started very lately (when the recession badly hits) they came up with a smart idea of re-selling MS online training(which they receive from their IT academy subscription) and all they do is give you an access code to MS server and the rest is done by the student at home online. So Dynamics IT is not training you, they are just retail shop for MS.
    they pretend and promise you hands- on lab, one to one tutor, job search (yes the guy said it to me twice in my face when I was asking him and knew exactly what he was telling me) all this for registration fee of £250. This offer is not available on their website.

I know, this can't be right, but I did put a question to this guy asking WHY are you offering me so called free training ? (at that time before figuring the answer), and his answer was that they get the product which is the MS training for free from MS and they passing it on to the students and in the meantime they will get paid when they get you to work for their clients, those MS gold partners, and this is their profit.

Still, even if it sounds convincing, its bull****, you dont hear from them after you hand in the cheque(6 months ago). I have find out that MS is selling the same training for about the same price $350, so you dont lose out a lot of money BUT the principle is to help and practice what you preach and not to play smart. They know people are desperate to get a job/ change career at this awful moment of time and they are using it to cash in.

:dry

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Ha ha.
    Certainly looks like them - same mess of other people's logos - mainly MS - to try and make it looks as if they are something they aren't.

Great, I was going to miss them...

:twisted:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  13. etcpszem

etcpszem New Member

very true.
    I have signed contract with them (they are very good sellers - they promised me a 21k a year job after I get MCSA in one month).I paid my £250:cry: and I started my self-study. I'm good with computers but after one week I find out it impossible for me to get this certification in such short time, specially when I do not have experience with servers (they even did not ask me if I have any).
    Anyway I went back to their office and kindly ask for refound explaining them I can buy a book for less and study by myself. Of course I get nothing, the guy who sold me this training was trying to do something and he was polite but the other guy (probably owner) started beeing rude and not nice at all.
    My advice is to avoid them. They are only sellers and once you paid them they do not care...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
  14. MSGTT

MSGTT New Member

I signed the contract 2. I completed my MCSA in 3 months, then they told me that I needed to complete the MCSA+M but I was never given the course work for it. So I had to nag them for it and 2 months on I completed my Messaging. I informed them and phoned them, every other day for about 2 weeks about employment. They said they are doing my job search and will let me know. Well its been almost 3 months since completeing my MCSA +M and 5 months since completeing my MCSA ( No call from them or e-mail or replies to my e-mails. Still no job and I ain't even got my money back!
    They just ignore you. They are full of #### as far as I am concerned. And I feel there must be some way they can be done for false advertisement.

I am glad I got my Certifications but can't find a job due to lack of experience. The only way to get experience is to have a job it is so stupid.

Well I ain't given up and still studying/locking for work and I am looking into getting Cisco CNNA and MCSE.
    I learnt my lesson. study yourself save money cuz alot of these companies are full of it and just after your dosh.

15. Firat

Firat Bit Poster

Hey people,

This evening, I have been to an interview at Dynamics IT Academy for a possible vacancy.
    Staff has been really friendly and polite. The office they had, "Nr 1 Liverpool Street" had an amazing view and surely it didn’t look, as some people have posted above, like there were some tables thrown into someone’s bedroom.

I haven’t paid any single penny or sign any contract. I just solved a small, necessary test for concentration. I talked them in person alone, and as I said, they didn’t seem to be doing any dodgy business.

First, I had suspicions after reading the posts here and on some other forums but once I have been there and talk to different staff I was sure that I haven’t got anything to lose. They haven’t asked for any money or any signing, only thing they have asked was for me to send them my CV. Which they will forwards to some other IT companies which requires 1st line support vacancies.

After posting this, I will send them my CV and hopefully next week I will attend some interviews for 1st line support vacancies. As soon as I attend to any interview or get a job, which I think I will have one by next Friday, I will post it here on the forum.
    I haven’t heard about this academy until recently, and when I saw these things here, I was worried. But, after today I know that these things are not true, at least that’s what I have observed. I know that you may not believe me, therefore, as soon as I hear from them, I will let you people know.
    In addition to, they are willing to give me access code to MS Academy for free! Yes, for free.

The main idea in it is “Favour Bank”. Some of you might have heard about it. All they want is, for me to not to lose contact with them later on when my company will hire people or when there is a project that requires special candidates.

It’s so good that inn 21st century it seems to be impossible. But we have to remember, just because there are lots of companies out there stealing from people, it doesn’t mean there can’t be few good, trustworthy places left.

I don’t see what I would lose by giving them my CV and going for interviews. To be honest, if there would be a payment necessary once you get a job(THERE IS NO PAYMENT,just for example), I would be more than happy to pay them with the salary I would get from my first IT job in UK.

I am posting this only because, I strongly believe that this academy can help lots of people interested in IT. Specially, if you have the knowledge but lack experience, in my case UK experience.

If you still have doubts, wait for my next post about an interviews and the job that I will get through them. I will post a new topic under employment title about what has happened, latest by next Friday. Then it will be cleared, whether they really help or not..Who knows, maybe they just like to waste people’s time. LOL....

Kind Regards.
    Firat

16. Firat

Firat Bit Poster

But let me also add, they have guarenteed me for interviews and access to the training site. As you can imagine, getting the job is based on the individual knowledge. They will support the experience site of my CV and set interviews for me.

Regards

17. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

your in for shock matey, be very very wary of companies like this.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  18. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Don't believe the hype. They're not trying to help you - they're trying to make money out of you. This company arose from the ashes of one of the most notorious training providers this country has ever seen (James Thornton Group) - who collapsed leaving thousands of students in debt. New company - same practices. They will do exactly the same thing because, sad though it may seem, there are still hundreds of people out there desperate/gullible/naive enough to believe all their bull****.

They're not trying to waste your time. Far from it. They are trying to get you to sign up for a series of expensive training courses, which - without real-world experience - you have no chance of passing legitimately - leaving you to either cheat your way to a worthless paper certification, or give up - owing the bank you take your loan out with a substantial amount of money.

Trust me. Everyone on this forum knows exactly what they and the innumerable other companies of their ilk are about. They are not an 'academy'. They are not 'helping you find a job out of the goodness of their hearts'. They are not remotely interested in finding you an entry-level IT job. You WILL have the hard sell from them - I guarantee it.

HTH

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  19. Firat

Firat Bit Poster

With all the respect to all of yours opinion, as I said, maybe you guys are right. Maybe they are trying to make money out of me, but till now I havent paid anything and as I mentioned them yesterday, I wont pay a penny unless I decide that I want to train with them as well.

I applied them for an entry level job and according to the person I have spoken to, I will attend to some interviews next week.

Whatever happens, I will post it in the forum and let you all know. But as I said, they didnt seem dodgy, maybe its because I wanted to see them like that, or they really are good.

We will see together.

Thank you all for the replies, I will let you guys know as soon as I get an interview

Regards

20. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

I guess the people that posted comments about them, were just lying :blink

That fact that dynamics is from the James Thornton Group, and people lost a lot of money isnt an opinion its fact.

if you loose money or you don't get what you expect, you only have yourself to blame after all the warning you have received.

Anyway good luck.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots