Anyone taken 70:662 - Exchange 2010 ?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by BobMurray, May 7, 2010.

1. BobMurray

BobMurray New Member

Hi, I am wondering if I can get some insight for this exam from anyone who may have taken it already. I have a lot of experience supporting Messaging systems and am certified on Exchange 2007 already so Exchange 2010 is not that alien to me. I have been on an official Microsoft course for this exam and have been using the Measureup Self test kit as well. Someone told me that Test King questions are similar to the kind of questions you get on the test so after paying for Test King QandA for this Exam I am now totally confused... :cry: . The reason is that the Test King questions are really easy but the Measureup are more focussed on PS cmdlets so if Test King is more on the right track I am ready to go, Measure up maybe but would want to burn a little more midnight oil first. Can anyone offer any advice, hopefully having been in the same situation.

2. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I might be wrong about this but I think TestKing are brain dumps mate so would get rid ASAP if you didn't know that (wait for someone to second my statement in case I'm wrong).

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

TK are a known braindump site. Dont use them! The reason that they are "similar to the kind of questions you get" is because they generally are the questions you get.

Admittedly the last communication I had from MS advised that TK had complied with the court requirements forcing them to stop using actual MS questions, so I suppose in this regard they are (as far as MS courses are concerned) now considered "legit" from an MS standpoint. However the communication in question was a couple of years ago, so they could well have reverted to form, probably best not to take the chance.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. BobMurray

BobMurray New Member

Thanks for the quick replies... when I went to the Test King site I did drill down through the FAQ's etc and there is a statement saying that they are not distributing the Exam Questions because I did worry about this.

5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

On the flip side, you have to consider that for years they havent been producing their own content - rather, stealing it from the exams. In that regard, it generally means that they wont have the expertise in producing high quality content that the legit providers will have, so even if they are writing their own, it may not be high quality.

With that in mind, that could well be the cause of what you are seeing (ridiculously easy questions).

Edit: And besides, since its against the T&C's of the exams to do so, its unlikely that they would announce that they are doing just that (especially after being on the receiving end of a lawsuit from MS).

Last edited: May 7, 2010
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sure, they'll SAY that, because they've told Microsoft that they won't distribute their questions anymore. But what they say and what I've seen in practice are two different things.

For a time, they started stealing test questions from Transcender/Self Test, and I believe they were stopped from doing that as well. Since TK's child companies are still selling the real Microsoft questions, I wouldn't doubt it if TK were back selling them as well.

Bottom line is as Fergal has stated: if they had anyone on staff who could create good test questions, they wouldn't have had to steal questions from everyone else. Avoid them like the plague.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. BobMurray

BobMurray New Member

I am keen to sit the exam just for the sake of this thread now, the TK questions can not possibly be the actual questions unless MS have lowered their standards. Maybe MS should adopt the RedHat hands on approach...

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If they are the actual questions, then you'll have accidentally cheated. If they aren't the actual questions, then will you be well prepared for the exam?

Doesn't matter if MS adopts the RedHat hands-on approach or not... those exams can also be braindumped... case in point, the CCIE.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!