1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone recommend me a decent Router with adsl modem + wireless AP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by OnFire, Feb 15, 2005.

1. OnFire

OnFire Nibble Poster

On the look out for a router as above, upgrading a standard ADSL usb modem. Never had any experience with a router and such, so figured might as well get one and have a tinker.

Seen a few about but on each one I have seen, I do a google with the model name or number, and then type "problem" and it seems each one is littered with problems.

Anyone know what would be a really good one to get. I'm after 4 port router with built in adsl modem and if poss a wireless AP purely for future proofing.

Many thanks in advance if you can help.

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: None....at last!!
  2. OnFire

OnFire Nibble Poster

BTW I wanted one that tells me info like line noise and stuff too. (Do they all do that?)

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: None....at last!!
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I have a Draytek 2500WE that I would recommend, but they are a bit expensive. This will do what you ask but just to play around with I think it's too expensive for you. Sorry but I don't know much about any others.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685