1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have any expererience of this book ?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Flamehearted, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Flamehearted

Flamehearted Nibble Poster

Does anyone know this A+ book at all ?

Faster Smarter A+ Certification (Paperback)
    by
    Harwood and Bird

I was browsing it today in my local bookstore (gotta love the free soft chairs - may move in) and I found it really easy to understand given I have no experience. Only read the first unit though.

I have the Meyers book on order - is this one better ? I'm itching to get started..... :biggrin

Thanks for any advice !

Martin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Not one I can say I've heard mentioned, Martin. Did it list the full range of exam objectives for A+, and what kind of feel did you get from browsing it - readable or cold ? Those would always for me be the first questions I would ask...

Although, as you can tell from here - those who've read and passed with Myers are hard-pushed to convert, IMHO :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Flamehearted a good place for book reviews is Amazon.com they usually have reader reviews on most books. The most popular A+ seem to be Mike Myers and Sybex A+ Complete (The latter I used and can highly recommend it). Hope this helps...:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sorry - I should have added that the Sybex book also gets good press around here.

Thanks, Slypie. :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Can't say that I have. Actually, I'm wondering if anyone's come across this one:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_3/104-2991466-2917564?v=glance&s=books

Yes, I have a reason for caring. I contributed three chapters to it but unfortunately I only have one author's copy so I can't send freebies to the universe asking for reviews. I'm not asking anyone to deliberately shell out hard earned money just to satisfy my curiosity, but if anyone has had a look at it, I'd appreciate the feedback. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+