anybody done any courses with schiedegger training??

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by sparky1888, Jun 24, 2006.

1. sparky1888

sparky1888 Byte Poster

i would like to know and hear from anyone who has done any distance learning courses with the above.
    How where they?
    Tutors?
    etc,etc.......
    thank you in anticipation,
    Sparky

Certifications: Cerco's CCSN A+ DCSE
    WIP: MCITP , N+
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

no i havent sparky but they are DISTANCE learning meaning you stay home and study all by yourself but have 'tutor' support right?

Well take a look at this thread...

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. pj

pj Bit Poster

Sparky,

Iam currently studying for a+,n+ ccna with scheidegger and must say that i have had no probs with them at all. If if had a prob understanding something they where at the end of a phone every time i called them. Only issue is that i feel that their course material is maybe not in depth enough(Mike Myers solves this). If you need any more info let me know.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+ CCNA
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

im sure alot of people think im very anti-trainer provided training - which isnt true because i did some training a few months ago.. but whats the logic in paying someone ALOT of money and sitting at home and studying on your own? 'Tutor or no tutor support' if at the end of the day you needed to buy the mike meyers book (which is all you need actually) what did you achieve in splashing away hundreds of pounds for? :blink

5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

You do get practical training with Scheidegger - yeah, I know you can buy a PC or two and fiddle, but if you're not confident enough, then the practical sessions are tutor led.

The two biggest reasons I went with Scheidegger were targets and Live Labs.

I procrastinate. I'm an early sign Scorpio. It's what we do. Do I study or iron? Iron. Do I study or drive pointlessly around the countryside, despite having a spit of fuel left in my tank? I drive. The structure of the course means that I have TMA's to do, a percentage to reach, and a time frame to do it in. Leave me alone with a book and nothing else, it'll probably still be in the same position 3 years later.

The Live Labs are a huge plus too, as well as live training. Once you reach the CCNA stage of the Scheidegger course, the live lab facility provides you with a replica Cisco environment in which to train, without breaking anything! And yes, I can afford the kit to play around on A+, but when it comes to buying some Cisco switches and a network setup... I just haven't got the cash kicking around. And I wouldn't have saved it, either. If I weren't paying my £X per month to Scheidegger, I'd be using it to pay off my other debts to society!

I don't think you're anti-training providers, Zim. You're just someone with a good level of motivation and drive to keep going. I love computing and IT, but I'm lazy, and need a kick up the ass every so often to keep going.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Usually more study materials and a structured way to study. You have to accept that you can’t just hand everybody a book and let them get on with it. Some people can study that way and pass the exams while others can’t. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

yeah motivation is important infact in late May i was struggling to do 70-291 and simon suggested i take a weeks break and look into the mcdst as a cert and elective to Mcsa.. and thats my motivation to get into 291 again! 8)