Anybody done a training with ukittraining??? Really Urgent

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by benjamin, Jun 12, 2005.

1. kablad

kablad Bit Poster

if there was someone that was serious about doing the course am sure they would be interested in having part of their course already paid for or you dont agree?

Certifications: Product Design Hons Bsc Degree
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Good luck on your search, I feel that you won't have any takers on here.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. kablad

kablad Bit Poster

yea doesnt seem like ill be finding anyone here. got another posting on another site , 2 people seem interested so ill just see how that goes. thanks for your comments.

Certifications: Product Design Hons Bsc Degree
  4. jahnero9

jahnero9 New Member

HI THERE I JUST WANTED TO ASK YOU WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ON UKITTRAINING ARE NOW.Im planning to start there very soon and i just wanted your view on how the course went for you.my e-mail is [email protected]k you

5. ykkp

ykkp New Member

Hi,
    Just to say that I completed my training with UKIT in May, and started work in June. This is not to say I don't any problems with them, far from it. Considering I was told that the whole course can be done 6 months, it took me almost 2 years! I had to wait 22 weeks for the next module at one point!
    As for what happens when you reach the end, the career officers are less than stellar. I was sent on interviews while I was still studying for the final exam, so of course had less time to study and couldn't pass it in time before my contract ran out(luckily I didn't that guarantee in the end). And half of the jobs I was sent to were completely inappropriate for what I wanted. When I tried to tell them this, they'd just say I have to go! Which I did, as at that point I was still hoping to finish on time.

I'd have to agree that the motives of the company is less than honest, as the number of people on my courses who couldn't speak English properly were amazing, never mind them learning programming without any experience! In the end, only 2 people(including myself) made it through to the end and got jobs, and this is out of nearly a hundred!

6. lukewstock

lukewstock New Member

hello i am currently studying with uk it at tolworth tower. i must warn you that there is absolutely no way that you can complete the course in 60 days. the 60 days they refer to are the days that you spend in the class room. you usually have 5day course then you need to revise what you have studied and book your exam. If your very intelligent and dedicated you can probably take the exam within two weeks. (i mean 2 weeks of FULL-TIME revision) once passed the module you can book the next course genrally there is a course available every two weeks but if its fully booked you could end up waiting a month....the full career track will take at least a year if your vey fast! the tutors all have good knowledge but their teaching skills vary from very good to quite poor. Also you only get the job guarantee if you do the complete career track. also if you need help funding the course, you may want to look up a career developement loan which is basically interest free untill you complete the course. hope this info helps...let me know how it goes.

7. Paul Moss

Paul Moss New Member

Hello,

I finished training with UK IT last year and was told that the training was around 50 days but they did say to expect it to take 24 weeks for the first course and 24 for the rest. Sometimes I had to wait for the next course but they added that time onto my contract so that wasn't so bad. I don't think they're a bad outfit. The classrooms were too warm but the trainers were really good. I finished the full MCSE track and their recruitment team got me a job in North London so I was well pleased. It depends what you're looking for, if you want a job and you work hard learning then they're good.

8. WizardTizzle

WizardTizzle New Member

Ello one and all. I and my mother have been researching this company ever since she found the advert in the paper. I have yet to be elligible for a job, having just left my local 6thform college with some pretty good results.
    I was looking to do the webdesign/apps career path, and was surprised when they phoned me in for an interview. I was also surprised that they offered me a place (HA FRICKING HA!) when the interview felt as false as all of you have said. And for a while I was rather stoked about it...20 grand salary per year for an 18 year old fresh outa school...especially seeing as how I have no life savings and my family can't afford to subsidise my training. Now, funnily enough the price they quoted at me time and again was £2550 + whatever the exams cost, they mentioned 100 each for the microsoft, and 20 each for some other ones (they sounded low level to me). See, at first, this suited me. My parents were willing to take out a loan on my behalf (which is no mean feat, seeing as they are struggling to pay the mortgage and keep up with the bills already) if it meant me being trained and getting that all important job, but after the proof you rather lovely people have given me, I'm gonna phone them back come monday and tell them exactly where to stick it.
    Thankyou all again for saving me from putting my family into an extra 3 grand+ debt that we didn't need, and saving me from making very little in return for that cash to boot.
    Does anyone have any advice for a nooby fresh out of 6thform who wants to persue a career in web design/computer based graphic design. I cannot afford uni (yes I know there are grants, yes, I have friends who have them...one of my friends now has nearly 30 grands worth of debt, and that's just his first year...I can't be doing with that). I know experience is the best qualification, but self teaching doesn't work so well for me anymore. What I'm basically asking, is does anyone know where I can do these sorts of courses (because after some research a lot of jobs in which I'd be interested require a deal of those qualifications offered) without getting scammed to death.

Again, many thankyous to the people who have done research and been nice enough to post it here, I am greatful beyond words to how much trouble you've saved me (and probably countless others. I will endeavour to put the word out about these scammers.

P.S I know exactly how all you guys felt when you said it felt more like a temptation than an interview, "it just felt wrong". And the stuff about the £2500 to effectively secure your future...yep...I can testify to that!...bar-stuards!:twisted:

Tiz