An Open Post to god

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Jakamoko, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

'have something to offer' -I think I know what it is, Im not used to forum etiquette like being very polite and punctuating which as you can see I am doing now . I have offered a few usefull things and been polite in some posts. Alos psychologically this is like driving a car, road rage can stem from people not being able to see the other person, body language constitutes 75 percent of communication,alot can be miss interpreted from missing out a please or thankyou or a sorry etc. So peace I do intend to use the forum wisely and offer what I can in the form of info and celestial prayer and protection (that was a joke)as was the terminator quote the whole thread was off track anyway. ,Before I was only keen to find out how long it took you to study right and nobody answered so i posted again so that makes sense . Trust me in real life im just a chilled divine student,sometimes I was just joking with myself which now I see has not been taken with the light heartedness I intended (it made me roll around myself-and my mates,) so please accept another whole hearted apology. Yes I am native to earth England only in the sense that my was born here and my mind projects a world of unreality onto reality.

ciw studying's going welll started to mind map and highlight my notes you may be pleased to hear or not

the ascension is 2012 spirtuality will overturn materialism in fact materialism (unreal to the core) will dissolve scientists still cant prove the material world exists to thier great embarressment, its all gooog though means a utopian world peace with equlity unity harmony joy respect being the prevaling ethos.

God

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

where do buy your ganja and how much is it. Only kidding mate :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

It's not just GOD gav it's the way the forum has been going for the last 4 months. With people complaining about spelling errors, grammar, spam and newbies asking question a five year could answer!

Today I was told there was a power cut and the UPS has failed. One the main Hubs is down and it has been manic with every user screaming their computer doesn't work!!!

It's days like this i like to surf on CF and learn things and read some of the funny comments people have posted and yet most of the time I see posts about people slagging each other off.

Why can't CF just leave out the Office politics and get back to what it was invented for helping people get their certs!!!!

Otherwise I am just going to have to go back to being a lurker on CF and post my question on ITTECHSUPPORT 8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. greenbrucelee

Nice one I agree things have got a bit f***** up latley.

5. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Believe me everyone, the CF staff has noticed that things have gotten out of hand lately. The issue is how much do we step in and "tighten the screws" in terms of posted content? After all, we're all supposed to be adults (ok, most of us...the occasional 16 year old does post here). If someone posts a comment or a thread we think is odd or annoying, why can't the rest of us just ignore it? Why take it personally. If you look at the technical forums here at CF, there's plenty of content to address. CF (as far as I can tell) is one of the most popular and well visited certification forums on the web. The more people we attract, statistically, the more "unusual" people will be among the crowd. Either we just deal with it by not overreacting or we establish some policy that says "no unusual people" allowed and ban a member at the first sign of "strangeness". If anyone's got any better suggestions, I'm all ears.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

tripwire this is off topic so please chill look at the other posts I wrote there perfectlty natural questions.

I just wanna learn ciw and enjoy the studying process.

get off my case it seems anything i write your just picking on me chill.

8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

I am not taking sides, but there are some valid points that Gav has raised. However, I would like to point out that Gav has no right to ban or stop a member from posting this action should be taken by a staff member of CF.:biggrin

(Why they haven't taken action??) GOD only knows!!:p:biggrin

GOD if you do keep posting mindless dribble then people are either going to ignore your posts even when you post a serious question about IT or you are going to be banned!8)

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

If you re-read what I wrote, I'm actually not addressing you specifically but rather our collective response to members who generate content outside the "norm" or content that elicits an "uncomfortable emotional response" from the collective membership. This isn't personal.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

god you need to keep your posts/threads short and sweet and straight to the point

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  11. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

whats off topic for ??

what do you want me to say in off topic ??thats whats its for

Did you see the natives last nite , good doc film making I thought

cya

12. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Gah! I think we'd lose half our members if we banned at the first sign of 'strangeness'!

I do agree though, that the community as a whole is not what it was even several months ago. I came here to get some aid studying for a cert and whilst i have (almost pathologically) failed to achieve anything in the way of certs (excluding the employer paid ITIL Foundation), I have continued to visit, to contribute to the forum, and offer my skills and knowledge to everyone else (Who knows, some of the knowledge I myself have managed to pass on has helped someone else pass).

I still come here because I enjoy the community that has developed, despite some recent nastiness. It seems that (strangely) I have tended to be on the more tolerant side when it comes to some of our newer members. I think its important to remember that we're all here to gain certs and help each other out and. We're always going to get oddballs, and we can attempt (politely) to re-educate them into the forum etiquette where possible. But its also important to remember that posting here is a priviledge (even for the longer standing members), which can be revoked at any time. Greater service to the forum does not necessarily grant you additional leeway.

Post counts are unimportant here, so theres no real requirement to actually post into every single thread you see. For the most part I agree regarding God's posts to date, but I have largely responded by not responding. If everyone responds to bad posts by simply ignoring them, then the posters will either get bored and go away, or will realise that they arent winning friends and alter their behaviour accordingly.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Off topic means you can have a rant and rave about anything besides IT. However, to have a rant about life in general on a thread that is under IT training section on this forum is bad manners mate and can lead to lot of members being offended.

Usually membrers who post a thread on Off topic they stick to the title of the thread. example Is TV a load of crap, they don't generally go post questions on different subject halfway through the thread. If you need to do this GOD you must raise another thread with the topic you want to talk about. If it's just chit chat then use email or PM someone or raise a thread called CHIT CHAT for DUMMIES. Whereby anyone can talk about anything because it's chit chat!

Hope that helps GOD and no I am not having a pop at you just trying to teach you how the forum works!!8)

14. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Sorry to do this, but I'm putting you on ignore, I have enough crap going on in my life without having to read total and utter nonsense, go and seek medical help, this is a certification forum not a pyschiatric couch.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  15. greenbrucelee

God Trip isn't having a go he is merley trying to inform you that if you post some crazy speel on a thread thats about technical issue then it can annoy other users, as CF is for technical issues and people gaining certs.

If you want to talk something other than a technical issue that is what the off-topic forum is for.

So for instance if you want to write a thread about buddah or soemthing then put in the off topic forum not put in a post thats about someones computer problem.

Hope this helps you understand.

16. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

I don't believe in either, but respect the feelings of other people.
    Calling yourself god does not.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  17. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

"Off Topic" doesn't mean "Rambling Nonsense". :dry

For example, posting about a TV show in the middle of this thread that was created to discuss the issues that this forum has with your posting style is doing absolutely NOTHING to help your case. In fact, it hurts your case tremendously.

If you want to post about something "Off Topic" that doesn't relate to the current thread, start a new thread. However, realize that this is a technical forum, not a chat room.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  18. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

two things I will say:

1. god, you are very strange

2. CF is not what it used to be

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  19. ninja_maritz

ninja_maritz New Member

Well I'm new here, and I assumed from the thread title that this was going to be a religiousness vs secularism issue or something along those lines.

Then I find out it's some allegedly irritating poster who calls himself god. :blink

Certifications: A+
    WIP: CCNA, CCNP
  20. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You can remove the word "allegedly" by reading a few of his posts for yourself. :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!