1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i mad?!?!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DaveyB1981, Jan 15, 2009.

1. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

Evening all!

A week on friday (23rd of this month) i am due to sit both 70-271 and 70-272 on the same day... this kinda happened by mistake but i see it as a good way to get it "over and done with". I did the DST role for 3 years and have kinda moved away a little over the last 6 months but want the qualification (in part to put towards the MCSA and eventually MCSE)

Not really sure why i am posting this as i have no plans to change the exams...just looking for thoughts really!

On a related issue, does anybody know whether prometrics allow for second shot vouchers to be registered after booking but before the exam? i wasnt aware of the offer... :rolleyes:
    Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

good luck, there's nothing wrong with doing both on the same day.

I did both A+ exams on the same day.

As for second shot I think you register with MS and do it from there you have to do it before the first take from what I understand.
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

Im reasonably confident pending the revision i will be completing over the coming days...just a little nervous but i always say if i'm not nervous it's because i dont care -so its a good thing!

I asked the test centre and they said probably not but gave me a number for prometric to call tomorrow...i already have the voucher number...(just need to get a second one!)
    Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  4. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

No, you're not mad :) I've done a couple of exams on the same day (ok passed 1, failed one - but they were higher exams).

If you have a second shot voucher, you will have to ring up prometric directly, get one of people there to cancel your exam and then get them to re-book the exam with the second shot voucher. Same thing happened to me.

Good luck with your exams :)

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  5. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

I have fallen behind with the 271 i should be taking it next week, i am thinking of starting the 272 and take them both at the end of march
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

There's at least some overlap with regards to the 271 and 272.

And no, you're not mad.

At A-Level and GCSE level there were times when we had between two and five exams on the same day!

Good times....

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA