altottenham_hotspur

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by altottenham_hotspur, Aug 2, 2007.

1. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Or someone who has no clue about football by the sounds of it, sorry mate, stick to what you know :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I do know about football just because I am a neutral does not mean I dont know anything about it.

The only southern team I would consider watching is Arsenal but they are going to have hard times without Henry.

If I said I was close to suppoting a team it would be liverpool, this year I think they'll do well so Spurs will have to stay in 4th this time.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

If you knew something about it, you wouldn't say Spurs are a lucky team, finishing 5th two seasons in a row, having good cup runs last season and attracting alot of decent players over the summer... I think its also widely agreed that Spurs have been a very entertaining team to watch over the last 2 years...

Arsenal who?

:)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
  4. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i've been supporting spurs for nearly 15 years and it's the best i've seen them play, they're scoring alot of quality goals. the only thing i see them lacking is the defence, they're conceading way too many.

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  5. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Woah! fellas take it easy, when I first joined the forums me and nxsplosi had a very sensible and probing conversation about football, whats the world coming to ha!! I am an Everton fan(The only 1 in the frums I think??) and I think spurs will do alright this season however not a top 4 side. At times they are a soft touch and are prone to the occasional collapase :blink

Saying that though we are not looking that awesome at the moment. Vaughny and timmy cahill both injured and will miss the start of the season. Looks like we are getting leighton baines though. I played footy with him when we kids in Liverpool and he is a mad EFC fan, good player aswell. Top 6 for the blues then chaps??

C :biggrin

Certifications: Cisco IT Essentials,
    WIP: IT degree, CIW (Web), A+, N+
  6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

From a neutral standpoint, Spurs aren't that bad a team at all :)

I'm actually really looking forward to this season. I think, after how the last few years have been a three-team race, the Premiership will break open this season.

Spurs have been quietly ticking over the last few seasons, and have done respectably; the class that Berbatov injected into their front line last season, along with the work ethos of the other players, and defenders like Dawson coming through, make them a team to watch.

Liverpool, if they can gain stability/consistency, should have every right and reason to challenge for top two/three. Spurs should be there, as will Chelsea and Utd obviously. Arsenal, after their pathetic (by their standards) season last year, also have a point to prove, so all five should come out of the starting blocks kicking and biting :)

And then there are the 'standard' UEFA contenders that are worth watching, that always put a spanner in the works. My other half is sincerely hoping that Villa do something vaguely decent this season. I'm still pointing and laughing at him now :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  7. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

[QUOTE
    And then there are the 'standard' UEFA contenders that are worth watching, that always put a spanner in the works. My other half is sincerely hoping that Villa do something vaguely decent this season. I'm still pointing and laughing at him now :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

And quite right you should ! only joking I think Villa could be a suprise package this season. Good young players and an excellent manager, I think they could have a good run in 1 of the cup competitions.

c :D

8. greenbrucelee

I agree, I think Everton could do quite well this season, and I also agree that Spurs' defence needs sorting out, then I might be interesting in watching them.

9. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

I hope so but you never know with Everton do you? trust me I have learned from experience not to get excited esspecially now with the apparent lack of signings and the disharmonny surrounding the proposed ground move to Kirkby where I live by the way :biggrin

But in Moyes we trust :eek:

Id love a top 6 six finish but we havent got the money to spend really big so we will have to wait and see

C :biggrin

10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Who cares about the Premiership?

Bunch of overpaid primadonnas. I'm a Charlton fan and glad we're out of it - looking forward to a couple of seasons of exciting football in the championship. At least it'll be better than the dross I've had to watch week in week out for the last three seasons as we eked out premiership mid-table respectability.

If we play one up front at home this year I am personally going down to the dugout and offering Pardew out.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  11. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I would pay good money to see you square up to Pardew, but I wouldn't like to place the bet on who would win :p

I know what you mean about the Championship - it is a tougher league (bigger - more fixtures, football is rougher...) but I personally found it a bit painful to watch. Having grown up in Cov, I suppose I should support my local team, but watching them have so much talent, and then just selling on... they have so much potential and they just never live up to it. It must be a Midlands team thing, starting seasons out so well, then petering off towards mid-season and the close games. Things are meant to be changing under Dowie, but after following the game for so long, I really can't see Coventry doing anything interesting.

Watching Reading's rise was good, and the Sunderland/Brum scrap last year. The best thing about the Championship, IMO, is it's always close, and not so predictable as the high money in the Premiership sets teams aside. Okay, you sometimes get wildcards perform well, like Reading last season and Ipswich about four or five seasons ago - but after that, they generally tail back off into mediocrity.

I'll watch football at any level. It's just a shame the FA stops women playing in men's teams after a certain age. I miss legitimately kicking boys in the shins :p

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  12. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

that's true especially of the spurs of old but i think we gained more points coming from behind than any other team (don't quote me on that though ;)) that game against west ham was awesome, 2 down and scored a 92nd minute winner :)

i'd be happy if spurs came 5th again, i think we're improving but we're still not quite there to play with the big boys in the champions league yet.

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
  13. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Ohhh one of those moments I can say, I was there!

West Ham 3-3 Tottenham, break away, GOAL!

Best bit about it? I was sat in the exec seats with all the West Ham fans nearly crying around me, shame I could cheer, I value my life....

Problem with our defence last year was that King was injured for a major part of the season, and he's out again for the first month of this season, although we've brought in a replacement, King/Dawson is still the pairing for me!

I think Arsenal will struggle more then ever this season, the big 4 I think is turning into the big 3!

Roll on saturday 12 oc :)

14. greenbrucelee

My personal opinion for the standings at the end of this season are:-

1st Man united (rather they didnt win)
    2nd Chelsea (Jose will leave at the end of the season)
    3rd Liverpool (will be close to 2nd place)
    4th Spurs or Everton (Will be close)

Newcastle unfortunatley will be lucky to stay in the 1st half of the table, owen will probably leave at the end of the season due to more injury and his clause will come into play.

15. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Yep spurs are good to watch no doubt! cant wait for the goodison derby tho the red s**ite have spent all that money and still have not reinforced their sluggish back 4, AJ will run riot AGAIN (hopefully). Whats the odds on bainsey scoring against wigan on the opening day?? 30 yard blockbuster!!

C :D

16. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

new season starts next week, got a new TV and sky HD sorted for this season :)

Grim

17. greenbrucelee

Cool it look really good in HD especially if you have tv thats bigger than 32inches :D

18. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

its a 32" Sony KDL-32D3000U, the flat can't take anything bigger else i'll go blind. also picked up a Samsung LE23R86WDX for the other room :)

grim

19. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Me - hands down. I come from a much rougher part of London than him, outweigh him by two stone and fight dirty.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em