Afternoon all!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by dazza786, Mar 25, 2009.

1. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

MY NAME IS DARREN AND I'M FROM MANCHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    haha, sorry.. I felt I had to... :biggrin

I've been lurking for a month or so but decided to stop being lazy and get myself an account. I'd first like to say thank you to those who created & provide this forum, and obviously thanks to the people who post in here making it a very helpful and informative community! You've all helped me already :)

I currently work in my 2nd IT job at a company providing web/software/hardware services to the NHS. (my old job had an absolute tw*t for a boss, who had no procedures / policies in place apart from the one which was:
    So as you can imagine I was just about able to cope with 4 months of that before I had to get out! I started at my current job Feb 08 as IT Support, but I've since been 'promoted' to something higher, but basically everything inside the office which has an electrical current through it is my remit :rolleyes:
    I didn't get a pay promotion to coincide with that either, how shocking!:rolleyes:
    I have 'nil pois' when it comes to qualifications due to a adventurous school experience, in which I'm currently self studying to be recognised for my actual experience; I say actual experience, I've grown up with computers since I was around 6 and had an enthusiastic interest in them ever since. Skills ranging from webdesign/programming/networking/voip/hardware/nix/security etc.

I am going to have a read about what the 'lab partners' section actually entails as I think it's very useful to be able to speak to somebody to confirm/test something than to read a book/watch cbt. So watch out for me on there. I will try and contribute as much as I can as well!

I have a big WIP list but the actual challenge will be time management and motivation when trying to gain all of these certs.

Don't know what else to put so I'll leave it at that...

Thanks for the opportunity :)

-daz

edit: oh i forgot my career path- i want to make lots and lots and lots of money, so maybe a technical consultant? :D:D

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

Good luck with the studies.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Another Mancunian! We will have enough to warrant our own meet ups if this keeps up :D

1st step to getting motivated to do the certs is to think about more than just making lots of money - If you enjoy it and work hard at it, the rewards should come!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Lol, Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA