1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Up To My Carrier

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Riyami, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Riyami

Riyami New Member

I am first year student in engineering i might take mechanical or electrical engineering.

i wont to study something else to add up to my carrier so i can get better opportunities

what can i add up to to get benefit from ? i wont a certificate that is well know... !!!

i am thinking to take "CCNA" Cisco Certified Network Associate in Service Provider Operations (CCNA SP Operations) /?

what do you think would be valuable to me, and i don't care if it was hard /?

Mmmm, "Mcp" maybe ?
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Not quite sure how a CCNA is realted to mechanical or electrical engineering? I work for a design consultancy, and can honestly say none of our MEP Engineers know what a switch is!

CCNA isn't the thing you go for if you have no experience, are you even aiming to get into IT? or engineering?
    Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

That's what I was going to ask, you are studying for a career in mechanical or electrical engineering. You should aim for qualifications, certs, registration in that field really...

Don't know of any off the top of my head, as I work in IT not engineering. However something along the lines of AutoCAD's certification program may benefit you.

One thing that I would do is take a look to make sure that your degree is accredited by the ECUK, it makes the process of going for the professional registrations EngTech/IEng/CEng more streamlined/"easier".

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip