1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A website you can download specific VMs?

Discussion in 'Virtual Computing' started by Juelz, May 24, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Top Poster
    of the Month

I stumbled across a website afew months back where you could download specific VMs running specific versions of software free of charge. I Haven't been able to find this Godly website again, I really have no idea what is called or why I can't find it on google (which is how I originally came across it), if anyone knows of the site I'm talking about or one similar please do post me the link.

Certifications: MTA Windows Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation, Apple Mac Integration 10.12
    WIP: MTA Networking Fundamentals
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Look in your browsing history......

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Top Poster
    of the Month

It was months ago and on an old system that broke, I clean my history etc monthly anyway.

Certifications: MTA Windows Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation, Apple Mac Integration 10.12
    WIP: MTA Networking Fundamentals
  4. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

So there is the VMware Solution Exchange which has some decent VM's on there, some are obviously free but others may have licensing or purchase costs involved.

You also have VMplanet.net which have a host of Linux VM's there as well.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  5. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

I do as well Juelz, now i just bookmark the hell out of everything.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  6. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

I use Evernote and Web Clipper Chrome plugin now for a lot of things as sometimes bookmarks end up referring to pages no longer there

WIP: 70-685 http://www.speedtest.net/result/3377759783.png