1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+ then ccna or N+

Discussion in 'A+' started by Rob1234, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster

After A+ is it possible to go on to ccna or will that be too big of a jump and would the N+ be worth doing before attempting the ccna. I have some networking knowledge, but not a great deal.

Certifications: A few.
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I'd personally say N+ will help get you ready for the CCNA, but im only on A+ myself, so im sure someone who's taken both can give you a better idea!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

I think your spot on , definately N+ before CCNA from what I've read on hear and heard at college, N+ gives you the grounding, OSI model etc...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST and finding a job!
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Do you use Cisco products? If not then definately Network+

8)

5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I have had a (brief) look at the CCNA objectives, and would say you need to have a good understanding of networking generally - the network+ will definately help you with that.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good point!

Rob why are you considering the CCNA?

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster

I do not use Cisco products at the moment but that is the area I would like to work in so I thought it would help if I had the ccna certification but it seems it might be better to do the N+ first as that will give me a good understanding to build on.

Certifications: A few.
  8. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

yup , go with the Network+ first, as it will give you a foundation upon which to build your Cisco knowledge.
    Best of luck

9. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Agreed - the Network+ will help you pass the CCNA. Without experience with Cisco devices, it'll be quite difficult to pass the CCNA - you'll need every advantage you can get.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!