A+ Study tips

Discussion in 'A+' started by Smiler, May 9, 2009.

1. Smiler

Smiler New Member

Hello, ive begun studying for my A+ ive got my Mike Meyers book yesterday alredy on Chapter 6 :). Anyway just wanted to know how many times you read the book before taking the exam? I have videos too what im learning from! Have been learning it on and off for about a year now but, gonna stick to it till i pass this time.

Any tips be would help. Thanks

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA A+
  2. swatto

swatto Byte Poster

Hello Smiler :)

Im due to take the CompTIA A+ Essentials exam next month (its booked). I read through the Mike Meyers book fully once without taking notes, I am now going back through it taking tiny notes of each chapter for review - which I read before I go to sleep at night. I have also looked at some training vids but I don't learn very well from listening, more from reading and writing.

Well that is the way I study anyway, maybe it will work for you too?

Good Luck

Certifications: BTEC Nat Dip: Software Dev, A+
    WIP: None Yet
  3. dreadpiratesteve

dreadpiratesteve New Member

I'm taking notes from the All in One book whilst I have a spare hour at home and read the passport version on the train to and from work. I too don't do well listening to someone drone on about it, even though I have got Mr Ford's Podcasts on my mobile.

I also use my laptop to try some of the practical elements such as looking at the Command prompt etc.

WIP: A+
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I read the book once, then read it again whilst highlighting points I felt important. Then two days before the exam I went through all the highlighted parts.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I read the book fully once and then targeted what I believed to be weak areas, using practice exams etc to make sure that the knowledge was sticking.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  6. keithjoneskj

keithjoneskj New Member

Hi

I am ready to book my A+ Exams Essentials and Technician - can you tell me how many questions there are and how many you must get right to pass

Any help will calm my nervs as i have been using microsoft cirtification training and you need at least 90% to pass the mock ones just wandering if it is the same on the proper ones?

Also who is best to book with and is anyone cheaper than another ect.

Thanks

Keith

7. greenbrucelee

you should visit comptia to find out the objectives and if you have any decent learning material then it should be in there anyway.

essentials is 100 questions you need 675 to pass it technician is 90 questions and you need 700 to pass. The best book is compTIA A+ all in one exam guide 6th edition by Mike Meyers read all 1136 pages of it.

And please introduce yourself in the new members area

8. Smiler

Smiler New Member

Thanks for the advice everyone, im working my way through it! Intresting stuff, and the Mike Meyers book is alot better. I like his style and and the way he puts it across! Thanks.

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA A+
  9. keithjoneskj

keithjoneskj New Member

I think i am ok for learning material done an online test and printed it out all 600 Pages of A4 of it:blink:blink

After this is finnished i have to do my Network+ N10-003 is there a book similar to the one above you mention?

Chhers again

10. greenbrucelee

Network+ by David groth and Network + by Mike Meyers.