A+ QOTD for June 28th

Discussion in 'A+' started by tripwire45, Jun 27, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greg is a PC hardware technician. He is working on a user’s PC at the workbench in the IT department. Greg suspects that the NIC in the PC has gone bad and is going to replace it. He has opened the case and removed the old card. He is wearing a wrist strap to guard against ESD but what should he do with the card he’s just removed.

• Place it in the bottom of the PC case.
    • Place it in the box the new NIC came in
    • Place it on the grounding mat
    • Place it on the top of the PC case

Answer later

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well, I suppose he should place it on an anti-static matt, then in an anti static bag and then in an anti-static dustbin [​IMG]

• C?
    Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

C for me too

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Yeah C for me too please....

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

of course it's C we all that don't we :dry

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I would have done C (then B providing that I still had the anti-static bag).

C

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Sorry for the bullet points, gents. I swear when I copied and pasted the OOTD in, there were the usual letters of the alphabet. :oops:

8. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Got to say I would of went for B due to having somewhere to store it out of the way. Also the new one should of come in a antistatic bag so it makes sense doesn't it :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  9. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

i say C - on the grounding mat. no point putting it away immediately in case its not the NIC thats the problem. but dont wanna put it in the box, since its not anti-static, and if the NIC isnt buggered, it is now!

on a side note, i found a field engineers anti-static kit in maplin, looks cool, has a big fold up anti-static mat, which cant be a bad thing now can it!

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Correct answer is C. While common sense tells you that the box the new NIC came in must have an anti-static bag, many times, certification tests expect you to adhere strictly to the options you are presented with. Also, let's say you took the old NIC out of the machine before removing the new NIC from its anti-static bag. You only have one bag so it makes sense to not unpack the new card before removing the old one.

Good one. More later.