1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A nerve

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Leehaa, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Someone just called up - totally off his own back, asking if we had any IT jobs available...It's so refreshing to have that. It's usually agencies that phone up...

...so I gave him some good contact details, and wished him good luck...I'll certainly remember him in a few months time if the situation does change!!

...Er, so I guess what I'm trying to say is, that to anyone who's out there searching, keep keep a PMA and just go for it, as you never know - you may get a break sooner than you expected!
    Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

I agree! So many times people develop a defeatist attitude when looking for jobs just after a couple of knock backs. That guy who rang up shows he is keen and pro-active even before a CV has hit the desk.

That's the sort of thing that will stick in an employers mind when they look through a pile of CV's. It's quite likely the employer will recognise candidate X from the impromptu phone call, 'Oh yeah, I spoke to him on the phone. He seemed like a nice chap, lets get him in for an interview'. 8)
    Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep. That guy is treating "getting a job" as a full-time job... doing what needs to be done to kick the bushes and see what flies out. He's on the right path, in my opinion.
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!