1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'A+' started by AvD, Jan 25, 2008.

1. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

ok, my paycheck is in WOOO! (sorry this is my first paycheck ever, i currently work for a local authority in england)

now to the questions.

Comptia A+ is changing in march, so i was wondering if the study books are avaliable? if so could i have the amazon.co.uk links to them please. the exam crams etc as well. :biggrin

MCP - i also want to study this, what books are avaliable?

MCAD C#.Net - what do i need to study this?

sorry if the questions are answered already, my boss is on the ball today, and i think shes trying to catch me on the net. although its not like i haven't bloody finished my tasks, all thats left is DE which is droll and tedious, and not really needed. (piss poor systems design + piss poor ICT team (they destroyed the auto update somehow so we have to do it manually :x)
    WIP: A+, MCAD
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

The A+ was only change in 2006 (less than 2 years ago), I didn't know that it was going thru another update already, and I can't find any reference to a another change this year (see the A+ Calendar).

You want to attain the MCP/MCAD. Do one professional MS exam and you attain the MCP status (provided you pass). To attain the whole MCAD, you can self study, go to evening classes (local college), attend a private training company program, or a combination of the above.

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

It is? Do you have a link for that? On the normal cycle I wouldn't expect a change for some time, and there is nothing obvious on the CompTIA site about it.
    MCP is a generic term - applied to many certs. Which one specificaly are you going for?

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

sorry what i meant was the exam is being switched in march i think from 2003.
    so the 2006 is relevant, good. and thanks for the info on MCP.

unfortunatly i don't know what study materials i will need for MCAD.

and after i had posted this topic i felt it was in the wrong place, so sorry for that.

so now my question is, what study matierials do i need for MCAD, i have previously done some ASM, HLA, C#, C++ & Php.

C# was used in Runuo, so not so much windows based, but instead used as a scripting language of sorts.
    WIP: A+, MCAD
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

The A+ exams were switched to the new exams in the summer, there will be no other changes yet, probably not for a few years.
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?