1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+ / MCDST Crossover?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Ropenfold, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

I'm currently revising for the A+ exams, which I'll be taking on the 29-30 Oct. I'm confident that I should pass those, I was just wondering if there was much crossover/Similarities in the A+ objectives involving Installing/Administrating/Troubleshooting windows and the 70-271 Desktop exam? Does the 70-271 go much more in depth?

I'm still gonna do the MCDST next I think, just wondering if I've got the A+ exam in the bank, I presume it should make the MSDST easier.

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270,
    WIP: ITIL V3
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

I don't remember exactly how many similarities A+ os and 271 have in common since its been a while that I took A+ os exam. There isn't a lot of similarities between the two. I believe the questions and scenarios are different between the two.

Anyway someone who took those exam recently will come along soon and give you a better explanation.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA