1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little help starting in web design

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by ch3etah, Oct 19, 2009.

1. ch3etah

ch3etah New Member

Hello. I found this site when I intended on taking a course with the @dvent. Witch at the moment I'm thinking not :). After reading some posts in here about TP a realised that I can cover some materials by my self and needn't pay 5K for a course that probably won't suit me.
    So, I am new to UK. I came from Romania where I worked for 2 years in IT servicing (putting a PC together, diagnosing a PC problem, installing and maintenance of a OS and additional software, etc...) and I thought this will be the time to start a new carrier in IT.
    I thought I should start looking at some web design, since I graduated a high school of plastic arts. Currently I'm learning C++. I have no computer accreditation and I'm looking for a job.
    Does anybody knows where I can start to look for some materials in web design learning? Where should I start and with what? Do I really need a certificate in order to work in a web design medium?
    I'm sorry for my English and for posting (if this is the case) where I shouldn't have.
    Thank you.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009