A+ Glossary

Discussion in 'A+' started by Cockles, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Morning all

A long, long, long, long time ago (before the wind and before the snow......) I was studying for the good ol' A+ using Mr Meyer's book. Much to my chagrin, I realised it lacked a glossary, so went about writing my own, which I promised to share with you all. I found the book used terms from time to time with the assumption you just knew what they were, which is not always the case

Well, I stumbled across it last night when clearing out a load of junk, so thought I would finally make good of my promise. It is by no means a complete glossary as I only got about halfway through the book (so mostly hardware based) but it does contain quite a lot of terms that you may come across and not be too certain about their meanings, so hopefully this will provide a quick and easy way to get a brief overview on things. I just thought it may come in handy for either those new to the A+ or for some of the veterans who may be slightly shaky on things as time has passed them by. This was studying for the 2003 objectives but most of the entries are still probably relevant.

By all means, if there are any mistakes of half-truths here, please do correct them, but I do hope it can provide some use

Thanks chaps and chappesses

Attached Files:

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys