a+ exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by pj, May 9, 2006.

1. pj

pj Bit Poster

can anyone please tell me how the exam works? ie pass rate, amount of questions. thanks

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+ CCNA
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/glancebox.aspx

8)

3. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

It's a multichoice type exam. ie you are given a scenario and have to choose one or more of the listed responses as your answer.

You will be presented with 80 questions and have 90 minutes to complete your test.Any unaswered questions are marked as wrong.

You can score 900 as a maximum on each test and you must score 515/900 to pass the core exam and 505/900 to pass the OS exam.

Some questions may not count toward your total score and are used by CompTia to assess these questions weighting and difficulty levels.

Thats it in a nutshell my friend.

Good luck with your A+.. 8)

Certifications: A+ Network+
  4. pj

pj Bit Poster

thanks for the answers guys. just one more thing how is it scored. ie you say that you must score over 515 or 505 from 80 questions. how do they get the marks from 80 quests to a pass of 515/505

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+ CCNA
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

We aren't told! :ohmy

I would suggest that if you score well over 80% in test exams your should be able to pass A+.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

This is part of the CompTia mystery factor!!

Some questions are worth more points than others.So for instance a simple 'what is' question might weigh 10 marks,but a scenario based 'what if and what happens when..' type question might weigh in at 30 marks...make sense?

It seems goofy,but it works well in my humble opinion.

Set yourself a personal target and go for gold.I set myself a target of 800 points in each exam (90% or there abouts),well above the required pass mark but a goal thats worthy of all the hard work I put in to reach them.

Certifications: A+ Network+