1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+ Essentials

Discussion in 'A+' started by asam.shan, Apr 18, 2008.

1. asam.shan

asam.shan Nibble Poster

Hi all i am a new member to the forum, which seems an excellent resource, so thankyou for that.

I am currently studying for the A+ essentials cert and i was just wondering if that is a good choice or would one of the other variations of the A+ be more usefull to me.

Any comments would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

Certifications: n/a
    WIP: a+, network+, CCNA
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

The A+ cert is a very good starting place. You will need to pass both the A+ Essentials (601) and one of the other 3 electives (602,603,604) to obtain the A+ Cert. Passing the Essentials alone doesnt get you anything.

If you have any questions, ask away! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. asam.shan

asam.shan Nibble Poster

ah i see, so which of the three others is best to choose and is it based on the knowledge gained from the essentials part of the course?

Certifications: n/a
    WIP: a+, network+, CCNA
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Normally, you'd be looking to take the IT Technician exam - the 602, unless your job or employer requires that you take 603 or 604 instead.

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Most people choose the IT technician pathway which is 220-602 the 603 and 604 are not normally done unless your job requires it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  7. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!