1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A+ Certified Today

Discussion in 'A+' started by Colloghi, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Ive finally passed my 602 exam today after 2 erm tries:blink, well well well over due.........and so im A+ Certified:D

What I will say to anyone who is thinking of taking the A+ exams, (or any exam really) is in my own opinion do not take a long "break" in between the modules. I took the 601 module a while back, and then after getting my first IT job, kinda lapsed off the studying for the 602 module, and concentrated more on my work experience.

A very very bad idea.............I had forgot so much from the essentials coursework and the gap in between studying, that I virtually had to revise a lot of the essentials coursework again

Anyhow I'm A+ Certified, and will be learning from my previous mistakes when I concentrate on studying for the N+ starting tonight:)

My tips, use a variety of study aids, study often, study well and repetition, repetition and god damn repetition.:D

In regards to the study aids, In the past few months I used the Compitia Training Vids from http://www.trainsignal.com/ and also as recommended on this site I used the flash card program Mnemosyne located on the site: http://www.mnemosyne-proj.org/

Oh and one more thing.......might be an idea to set a date for the exam, even if you cant afford to actually book the exam yet at least schedule a date in your head/diary for the exam date. I found having a date to work towards, disciplined me a bit more with my studying:)

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

well done:)

I had figured that leaving too long a gap inbetween both A+ exams might make me forget stuff since both are very similar. This is why I did both one after the other.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Congrats! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. wagnerk

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Congrats on the pass and new cred :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  5. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations!

6. BosonMichael

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. xhunter08

xhunter08 Bit Poster

Congratulations! :clap and thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am looking forward to take CompTIA A+ exams in 3 months from today.

Certifications: Electronics Intermediate level
    WIP: CompTIA A+
  8. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Well done.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  9. wilbishardis

wilbishardis New Member

Well done! And thanks for the tips; I've been studying for the past few weeks for the A+ and have the 2009 N+ book preordered.

10. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Congrats, and props for sticking at it.
    I agree with this. I even found the 2 week gap I had was too long.

All good advice there. You'll be glad to know that there's a lot less memorising required for the N+.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  11. Deadhead

Deadhead Bit Poster

Congratz!

Just waiting for pearsonvue to set up my account to book my 601, but gotta wait a whole buisness day for the e-mail reply.

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: 70-642
  12. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for the Replies people:)

Ive decided to start studying for the N+ and the Microsoft 70-271 exam simutaneously, and possibly the 70-272 if im progressing well by the end of july, and hoping to knock them all off well before Xmas:D

Deadhead, I cant speak for anyone else but i personally found the whole proceedure of booking exams through pearsonvue great, and if I could take the microsoft certs through them as well, I woulld do:)

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  13. Jammo1987

Jammo1987 Nibble Poster

Congrats Mate, Hoping to do mine real soon! :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCTS (70-515), MCTS (70-516)
    WIP: MCTS (70-513)
  14. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  15. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Good job, I know it's can get annoying and frustrating at times when reading the A+ books considering they're so long.... non the less Major congrats, it's a good start.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  16. Deadhead

Deadhead Bit Poster

cheers colloghi,

Managed to get my 601 booked for tomorrow :)

Certifications: A+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: 70-642
  17. refinedrice

refinedrice New Member

Congrats! Thanks for the tips! I'm sitting 602 in 6 days.

Certifications: IT associate's, A+
    WIP: bachelor's, N+