98-361: MTA Software Development Fundamentals

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by JamesStill, Jan 26, 2012.

1. JamesStill

JamesStill Bit Poster

Has anyone had experpience of this exam? I'm currently studying for SQL DB Developer 70-433 and will hopefully clear it in the next month, but at the same time I'd really like to start making some headway into .net development. I saw the MTA roadmap at Microsoft Technology Associate Certification l MTA Exams l Entry-Level Developer Exams and while I'm reasonably experienced with a couple of custom languages and SQL, I've only worked with Java for my OU exams and have done very little VB development.

I'm thinking the Software Development and .Net fundamental exams would really help fill in any gaps I have before moving onto the more comprehensive exams. I've found the exam guides on Amazon, but I'm struggling to find anywhere in the UK where I can actaully sit the exam. I've tried Norfolk and London and every exam centre I find via Certiport seem to offer only the MOS exams.

I guess I'm really asking, is this exam worth taking and does anyone know where I can sit it?

Thanks all
    James

Certifications: ISEB Foundation Cert in Software Testing
    WIP: More ISEB.....
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

With a Java background you might be better off looking at C#