9 week gurantee update

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by philngems, Jul 20, 2007.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Nope - not even in our harshest disagreements will you ever hear me say such.

Sorry, I didn't notice Jonny's "slap" comment when I stated that I hadn't seen anyone else say such.

That said... I will say that anyone who believes that they can get a cushy IT job by taking these expensive courses offered by training providers is, unfortunately, in for an extremely rude awakening.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Cant argue with that:)

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  3. philngems

philngems Bit Poster

I don think so(BosonMichael) I dont need anyones sympathy. i havent been suckered into anything.. i did this course to get started in web design.. i never expected to walk into a job after this course.. to be honest i dont expect i will need to go to work..

This is the begining and in a few years time i will be some kind of expert.. I am not going to work in design for long.. i have too much ambition and too many ideas to aim so low.

This topic was for other ppl...

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What a nice thing to say... :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Good luck! :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

errrrr okaaaaaay!

This has got rather f***ed up.

Drugs are bad mmkay training providers are bad mmkay.

I am not being harsh with anyone but if you've got a couple of grand to throw away when you can learn youself then just send it my way:D

Btw if you tell an employer you learnt the stuff yourself then done the exams without some course dont you think it would make them think... here's an enerprising, go-getting person he's just what we need.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Right, OK, I guess that an apology is in order.
    My original post was a bit harsh, and I may well have been a bit pissed when I wrote it.
    If it was after lunchtime then it's almost a certainty.

The post was not aimed at any one individual.

Maybe I should clarify.

We're all here because we are into IT and or studying for certifications. That's a good thing.

Some people self study and some people use a training provider. As I've said before, there is nothing wrong with either and I've done both myself.

So I'm not anti-TP in any way, they can be of great benefit to those who need more direction or guidance.

So if someone signs up to a TP because they believe that they need the help to get their cert then fine.

What I do object to is when people sign up for a TP purely because they think it will give them some kind of easy ride into employment. In effect, they believe they are paying for some kind of back door into the industry.

That effectively leapfrogs the poor sods who are working hard and sending out hudreds of CVs every week.

So, put yourself in any bracket that you wish to, and then decide if I'm having a go at you or not...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Bit Poster

Hi all, Still new on here, and you know what new people will open these threads and wonder if this place is a nice place to ask questions on if they are going to get angry people having a pop at them for asking a question....I think a few people have lost there way on this site or fed up of helping people. Most important factor.........This site is here to help people.

Cheers and give people a break when they post.

WIP: CIW1D0-510, CIW1D0-520, CIW1D0-525
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Silverwolf Welcome :D

I understand your point.

But the posts by other members on here are not there to degrade or piss anyone off they are there to help. None of us wants someone to get ripped off to the tune off £3000 or whatever when there are better and cheaper methods :D

And most of us would probably point out to people that getting a qualification wont get you a job or going with a company that says we can get you job for 30k if you do this this and this and pay us £££££££££'s is talking s***.

Sometimes people dont come across in a nice way but belive me its not meant to be nasty its just how the persons typed, its all meant to be helpful. :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Can i join in...?

Its been a laugh reading this thread, its the first time i have heard angry ( well...a bit peed off) posts.
    But, its all healthy and it also sounds like people are starting to figure things out themselves.
    My advice....which comes from other peoples advice, is to design a web site, logo's, flash movies....as you LEARN.
    Having a cert looks a lot better if you have a web site to go with it! I have been self studying since last september and have only been studying for the site designer exam ( which is today!) for only three months. I am very close to completing my first web site which i started three months ago and i wont be applying for jobs until i have at least another web site to go on my portfolio.

Might not get me a job in web design, but it will certainly get me noticed more and possibly an interview.?
    So don't just do your certs and sit on them...use them...show them what you know. Because i can guarantee that most, if not ALL employers wont know what the CIW certificates are, or worth.
    They will just say...."never heard of it....show me what you can do! what do you know??"
    Treat the certifications as a personal goal and concentrate on doing what you want to do....DESIGN WEB SITES!!!!!!!!

Certifications: CIW Professional
  11. MacAllan

MacAllan Byte Poster

Hey, I had an interview yesterday where the guy didn't know what CompTIA A+ was (and he'd managed a big IT support dept for years). So for all those who think a cert alone will get them a job???????? :blink

Certifications: A+, N+, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP, Linux+