8Mb ADSL Connection

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by noelg24, Nov 17, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Eighty bucks a month??? My wife would kill me!!! :blink :eek: :oops:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

lol, you have to consider it pound for dollar ratio mate
    look at it as 39.99

although the exchange rate is almost 2:1, earnings are similar pound for dollar, someone in my position over there would earn in dollars, what i do in pounds, not twice as much (a shame i no, lol) likewise the majority of items/services are pound for dollar, there is some variation to this ofcourse, but thats the general rule

although its great for me to go and take my wages stateside to spend it, the same would not pan out too good coming this way :)

and we also come from a background of paying PER CALL charges to our ISP, unlike your free local call system
    so i would pay PER MINUTE for my net calls, this used to ammount to well over 600 quid a month
    today, im laughing

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thanks for the link Phoenix, now I get it :biggrin

I also agree totally with your Pound for Dollar point. The same goes here. More or less. if it costs seven quid in England, it should cost seven bucks here. Even though the exchange rate is 2.5 bucks to the nicker! It is the average earning which dictate the prices. A person able to earn £35K in the UK, would only be able to earn about $35KAU which is really only £14K.

However, what you have to look at is the standard of living and then the Brits don't look quite so rich :eek:

Save all those pounds up guys and come over here!

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)