1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

81% - Fail" in MS Readiness Suite

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by steve_f, May 22, 2007.

1. steve_f

steve_f Byte Poster

I just did a practice test, a custom one with all 146 Questions.

I got 81%, and it said FAIL. Anyone know why?

Broken down by topic, I got

77%

OK the 63% is low, but does getting below 70% in ANY section mean a fail??

A few weeks ago I got a "70% - Fail" and thougt alright, it is borderline, but 81% is a decent pass, is it not?

Attached Files:

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA 2003+Messaging, MCITP:SA, MCSA 2008, ITIL v3 Foundation, Comptia Server+ 2009, CCA Xenapp 6.5, VCP5-DV
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA, CCSA
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

According to the picture you attached, the pass score is 86% - which seems a tad high to me - but then I've never taken that exam.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. steve_f

steve_f Byte Poster

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't spot that 86% pass thing in my indignation.

Maybe they mean that they don't consider me ready to do the exam until I get 86% in the practices.

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA 2003+Messaging, MCITP:SA, MCSA 2008, ITIL v3 Foundation, Comptia Server+ 2009, CCA Xenapp 6.5, VCP5-DV
  4. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

I wouldnt worry about it mate, i scored about the same as you for the readiness tests, and i passed the real exams. It doesnt hurt to do a bit more swotting tho.:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's the score that MeasureUP has chosen for their passing score. In a way, it benefits them to set it arbitrarily high... it certainly caused you to think you may not be prepared enough! ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Look at the scores as: "If you pass the practise test you'll have a more then reasonal change of passing the real thing."

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Some testing engines allow you to change the passmark.
    It might seem a bit pointless, but see if there are any customization settings.

At the end of the day though, if you can pass at 86%, getting 70% should be easier...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. klospros

klospros Nibble Poster

The reason it says you have failed is because the pass rate is set to 100% as the default, you can go into the options and change this if my memory serves me right, and 86% is a very good score, good luck when you do the exam:)

Certifications: A+ 2006, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  9. steve_f

steve_f Byte Poster

The funny thing about this is that I did pretty much get 86% in the exam in the end. Well I got 866.

(no congrats etc needed, I already have a "passed 271" topic with plenty of congrats in it)

10. bs099

bs099 New Member

This pre-prep exam you've taken, was this a free service??

I have just passed the 271 and looking to sit the 272 week Friday.

I have My Exam Cram to hand which i find extremely useful, but i always prefer to try a test first to see where my weaknesses are.
    Thanks in Advance.

11. steve_f

steve_f Byte Poster

I'm afraid not. It comes on a CD with the prescribed Microsoft MCDST book.