1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-685 Passed yesterday, Route confusion.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by subliminalsmurf, Jul 29, 2011.

1. subliminalsmurf

subliminalsmurf Nibble Poster

I managed to pass the 70-685 first time yesterday which I'm extremely happy about despite a 2.5 hour wait for the test centre to fix an issue.

Anyways, With this complete I plan to take the 70-680 next but I'm unsure what the best route to go down after that is. Any recommendations for the best path to mcsa or equivalent? thanks.

Certifications: MCITP: Windows 7 Desktop Support Technician
    WIP: 70-686 - Started the same day as passing 680
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Ideally, you should go down the route to match your career aspirations / match your current career roles.

I.E - No point in going for MCITP: Enterprise Adminsitrator, if you're only doing desktop support.

What job are you in at the moment, if in IT ?

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

As for what's next... What do you do in your job? Have you done your A+/Network+? Or what about side stepping and doing something like ITIL V3 foundation?

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  5. subliminalsmurf

My job is a basically looking after the majority of desktop support,migrations,server admin involved... as ds configuration etc. I'm basically 2nd/3rd line support. I get a lot of random stuff thrown at me too. Mcse would be ideal for progression into a better role but the routes confuse the hell out of me for some reason.

6. subliminalsmurf

To also add, itil has been talked about but the company aren't ready to let me do that yet, they'd pay for it.

7. subliminalsmurf

Decided to take the 70-680 to get up to MCITP.

that'll be it for the year though due to other projects like a new call centre installation and tonnes of worky stuff. 2012, i'll start on the server ones for the MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008. :-)