70-680 booked (July 5th)

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by subliminalsmurf, May 18, 2012.

1. subliminalsmurf

subliminalsmurf Nibble Poster

I'd like to say yes but I actually found it harder to book with the new front end on their site and the same old sorry excuse for a test centre search. It's the worst website I've ever seen and I've seen some ****ty websites in my time.

The new centre was nice though. Better than Taitec (sp?) coz that place is awful!

Certifications: MCITP: Windows 7 Desktop Support Technician
    WIP: 70-686 - Started the same day as passing 680
  2. subliminalsmurf

Oh, Still nothing back from ProMetric RE: resit.

3. subliminalsmurf

Just an FYI:

Pro Metric have identified all the technical issues on the 70-680 and have granted me a free resit between now and 13 July next year!
    If you had XML Issues and failed I suggest getting on to PM straight away.

4. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Cool!

Glad you stuck by your principals and got a result!

Thanks for sharing the info for others who have had the same probs.

Good luck with the resit..!

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  5. subliminalsmurf

Cheers dude. I'm just happy that they take responsibility for their mistakes. It makes me confident that they would have revised the errors.
    I have a voucher that expires on the 13th July 2013 so I'll have to book the re-sit for the beginning of sept coz of my schedule which is a pain in the arse.

6. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

That's great news. Good to hear that worked out. Good luck with the resit. I've passed it, and I've trained some others who've passed it, so if the flawed exam actually gave some benefit by highlighting any gaps in your study, you can always ask if you're stuck on anything.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  7. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Good luck with the resit. Your in a lucky position as its not costing you anything and you have a rough idea of what the real exam is like, and as noted, can study up on the weak areas!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  8. subliminalsmurf

Cheers. I should be fine I have the material down even more now I think so I'm going to take a few weeks and go over it all. I have a chance to get a kick-ass pass.

9. barrixrock

barrixrock Bit Poster

Passed my re-take.
    Prometric has changed their website and also the layout of exam.
    I am glad they fixed their errors.

Certifications: A+, MS 70-680
    WIP: MS 70-640
  10. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Congrats!
    What did you score & how did you find the exam?

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  11. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Well done Barrixrock. Glad to hear you cracked it now you didn't have XML issues to deal with!

70-640 next? Odd choice - most people go for the 685 (desktop support) or 686 (desktop admin) to get the MCITP.
    I take it you work a bit with servers?

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
  12. barrixrock

barrixrock Bit Poster

i have package with 640. 646 and other one.
    I still haven't started yet.

I scored 880.

The Zig thanks for suggestion.
    Any good book for 685 or 686? I will buy them. Still a newbie :)

Certifications: A+, MS 70-680
    WIP: MS 70-640
  13. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Good question. I used the Sybex 685/686 book, but can't really recommend it. For the 685 it was sufficient, for the 686 it was patchy.

The 680/685 I had to do as part of a new job. Very tight deadline. For the 680 I used Messer's videos. For the 680 I used the Sybex book and MeasureUp - a practise exam website. Read the Sybex books and took as many practise exams as I could. MeasureUp don't make the best exam practise questions, but they are about the best for explaining the answers and linking to TechNet in explanations.

The 685 is basically the 680 notched up a few levels, with long, long scenarios to solve. It's basically an applied 680 (but don't let that fool you into thinking it's easy - it's not. I have quite a few colleagues who failed it first try.)

The 686 covers a lot of Microsoft's other Desktop Admin software, including stuff like Desktop Optimisation Pack and SCCM. Not for the faint-hearted. I was stupid enough to think that as the Sybex book claimed to cover the 685 and 686, and I'd read the book cover to cover, that the exams must be similar and that I'd get an easy second MCITP. Boy was I wrong. It was the closest I've come to failing so far (nmot saying it's the hardest, just that I underprepared)

barrixrock likes this.
  14. subliminalsmurf

Nice one! I'm next! ha! Got it o Thursday. I need a last min cram session!!