1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-642 fail

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Exams' started by l4ter, Apr 24, 2013.

1. l4ter

l4ter Nibble Poster

Not once (which I knew I wasn't ready but wanted to test myself (did half of the prep work) exactly got half of the marks (525/1000).

Second attempt (second shot activated) a few days later (I know) only improved my marks to (645/1000).

Things have not been too great at work (hence the reflected marks to - and with no support).

I'm hoping to take a few days off to focus (and even then that's not happening). But will have to pay for this exam myself and make it count!

2 things, sorry for not being on the site active enough, secondly not being able to pass. The 31/07/13 date is looming and I have 2 more exams to go for its going to be tough. This one I have found tricky, but with more practice and higher scores I can so a pass.

I am VERY proud and envious of everyone who has passed; hopefully I will be joining the 70-642 pass crew.

Certifications: BSc Computing, A+, N+, MCITP Enterprise
    WIP: none ATM but boy have I earned it!!!
  2. BigG

BigG Nibble Poster

Chin up - your getting better :)
    I just scraped by when I did this one - 75% iirc.
    A big exam with lots of technologies.
    My advice would be to get a testing package and test yourself to death. Every time you fail a question, stop, google / technet it. Make notes and start again.
    One thing I have recently learned is knowing about something is not the same as knowing "when to apply something". If you can crack when to Apply a technology, the answers should fall into place.
    Not all the knowledge comes from the book - if that is all you are using.
    CBT nuggets helped me understand this one, if you can get hold of it.

Good luck

G

Certifications: BSc, Prince2 Practitioner, MCSA Win7, MCSA 2008
    WIP: Vmware, ITILv3 on the back burner
  3. l4ter

l4ter Nibble Poster

now passed! redone Saturday, 850/1000 - smacked it! very happy bunny onto the next one (70-643) - practice, practice, practice exams - on the bus, did them right upto walking into the exams as they were fresh in my mind - they came up, I was confident in answering, passed!

Certifications: BSc Computing, A+, N+, MCITP Enterprise
    WIP: none ATM but boy have I earned it!!!